Seniors - Men

Team Photos

Home Kit

Away Kit

Manager: Milford Copp

Mobile: 07894 742249

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Assistant Manager: Jim Hawkes

Mobile: 07939 115937

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Leagues Official Website

The team play in the Alliance Football League – Division 4

League Link


Oadby Owls 4 Harborough Hotshots 0 - 5th May 2013 (League)

Owls completed the season in style with a 4-0 win over a very physical Harborough side. Owls kept their discipline to allow their football to do the talking. In the 11th minute Danny Copp rose above everyone to score a powerful header from Danny Kings corner. Goal number two came after 16 minutes when Nick Sutton fed the ball in from the left to Chuddy (Richard Hawkes) whose shot was saved by the keeper before Adam Clarke smashed the rebound home on the volley. Owls struck again after 33 minutes when another Danny King corner was headed towards goal by Adam Wells. The Harborough keeper could only parry the header out to the grateful Danny Copp who made no mistake from 12 yards.

HT 3-0

The second half started with Harborough committing needless fouls an effort to stop Owls playing their game. However, Owls did continue to try and play their football and were rewarded in the 56th minute when Nick Sutton put in a great cross from the left that Adam Wells met to fire in off the arms of a Harborough defender. Nick Sutton successfully beat the Harborough right back before being brought down. Danny Copp danced past the two centre halves whilst being fouled twice on the way before being brought down on the penalty spot with a third poor tackle. The referee did give a penalty for this but following the intervention of the Harborough players, he surprisingly changed his mind to give the first foul just outside the area.

This was a good and brave win for Owls who didnt shrink from the task in hand. Not a good example for football but an excellent win and showing of character from OOFC.

FT 4-0

Player of the Day: The entire team.

Goals Scorers: Danny Copp 2,  Adam Clarke 1, Adam Wells 1.

FC Tumar 2 Oadby Owls 4 - 7th April 2013 (League) 

Owls closed in on runners up spot and promotion with a well earned victory against an experienced Tumar side. Owls enjoyed most of the possession in the first half but had to wait until the 30th minute to take the lead when Danny King made the run and Danny Copp fed him a well timed pass in behind the Tumar defence for a one on one with the keeper which DK took full advantage of. Owls made it 2-0 after 39 minutes when Danny King challenged for a high ball with the Tumar keeper which neither of them won and the ball fell nicely to Karl Bailey who made no mistake from close in.

HT 0-2

The second half started with Tumar being more attack minded and they created the better of the early chances but it was Owls who extended their lead in the 62nd   after Danny Copp went on a little cross field run before releasing the perfectly weighted through ball for Nick Sutton to run onto and smash past the Tumar keeper. Tumar refused to lay down and came back at Owls with 2 goals in the 64th and 72nd minutes. Owls striker Jordy Cufflin wrapped the result up for Owls in the 82nd minute after  a clearance from Alexey Antonov was helped on by Adam Clarke and then Dan Copp into his path, Jordy then beating his man before giving their keeper no chance with a superb finish.

FT 2-4

Player of the Day: Danny Copp (creative)

Goals Scorers: Danny King, Karl Bailey, Nick Sutton and Jordy Cufflin

Harborough Hotshots 1 Oadby Owls 2 - 14th April 2013 (League)

Owls rubber stamped their position as Division 4 runners up with an assured victory away at Hotshots. With the weather and pitch conditions improving, Owls were very much at ease with their passing game keeping possession for long periods and frustrating the opposition. They bossed the opening period of this game but had to wait until the 20th minute to take the lead after a Nick Sutton shot was saved by the keeper only for Danny Copp to be on hand to make no mistake from the rebound. The rest of the first half was played out mainly in the Hotshots half without too many clear cut chances being made by Owls and Hotshots failing to make any sort of impression on on Owls.

HT 0-1

The second half began with Hotshots trying to make a match of it and Owls had to work hard for a time to regain control of the game. There were several half chances that went begging for Owls before Karl Bailey made sure of all 3 points when he hit the back of the net with a sweet left foot shot after 80 minutes. Hotshots scored a consolation goal deep into time added on after Owls failed to clear an in-swinging  free kick from the left.

FT 1-2

Player of the Day: Adam Clarke (worked hard in the middle)

Goals Scorers: Danny Copp, Karl Bailey.

Oadby Owls 9 Trinderbox 1 - 17th March 2013 (League)

Not much to report on this match as Owls cruised to a 9-1 victory against this struggling Trinderbox side. Goals in the first half gave Owls a 5-0 advantage by half time and apart from Trinderbox gamely scoring a long range effort midway through the second half, Owls continued to open up the Trinderbox defence with a further 4 goals.

FT 9-1

Player of the Day: Danny Copp for his 4 goals 

Goals Scorers: Dan Copp (4), Dan King, Adam Clarke, Nick Sutton (2) and Jordy Cufflin

KS Polska 1 Oadby Owls 0 - 3rd March 2013 (EW Foster Cup Semi-Final)

Owls arrived for this semi-final against high flying division 2 outfit Polska full of confidence on the back of a 9 match winning sequence. Owls started the match kicking down hill and despite creating several decent chances, failed to take advantage of their opportunities. In the 30th minute, Polska took a surprise lead when their centre forward done really well to convert a half chance from an acute angle while being well marshalled by Owls centre back Alexey Antonov. Owls were unmoved by going a goal behind and continued to push and probe the Polska defence looking for a way through and did create openings without finding the net. One chance of an equaliser was quashed by a poor refereeing decision when Danny Copp was clearly taken out by the Polska keeper when trying to round the keeper, the ref giving a goal kick to Polska.

HT 1-0

The 2nd half was much the same as the 1st with Owls pushing for an equaliser and not getting the decisions or the rub of the green. Another incident in in the last 5 minutes summed up Owls day when Danny King hit the sweetest of shots from 12 yards that hit the keeper without him knowing much about it, Richard Hawkes then hit the bar with a header before another goal bound shot from Owls was clearly hand balled high up under the bar to keep it out resulting in the referee referee having a long discussion with the linesman before giving a goal kick. The refs after match explanation was that he was blind sided and his linesman had the sun in his eyes.

FT 1-0

Player of the Day: Adam Wells ( some well timed tackles )

Goals Scorers: 

Oadby Owls 2 FC Tumar 1 - 24th February 2013 (League)

Owls welcomed FC Tumar today in another must win battle to keep their title hopes alive. After a fairly evenly contested start to the match, Tumar opened the scoring when Owls failed to cut out a long ball out from the Tumar  defence and their striker done exceptionally well to chip the advancing Owls keeper Ryan Marlow whilst being put under pressure by centre half, Alexey Antonov. Owls pressed Tumar for an equaliser and had to wait until the 43rd minute to get their reward when Cramp won a header to Wells who laid the ball to Bailey on the line who passed it inside to Jarman who passed it to Hawkes on the left before he fed the ball to Nick Sutton who made a couple of yards before giving the Tumar keeper no chance with a powerful shot. 

HT 1-1

The second half was much the same as the first with both sides giving their all but it was Owls who had the lions share of the chances. Oadby got their reward though in the 76th minute when Callum Jarman sent Jordy Cufflin clean through with a beautifully timed ball. Cufflin advanced on the Tumar keeper and after drawing the keeper off his line, unselfishly fed Danny King who made no mistake from 10 yards.

FT 2-1

Player of the Day:  Dave Fallows ( quietly works away for the side off the ball )

Goals Scorers: Nick Sutton, Danny King

Trinderbox 1 Oadby Owls 8 - 17th February 2013 (League)

Owls kept up the pressure on league leaders NPE with this emphatic win against lowly Trinderbox. Owls started their goal spree after just 4 minutes when the hard working Callum Jarman broke through to beat the Trinderbox keeper and give warning of Owls intention.  Further first half goals came from Adam Clarke, a glancing header at the near post in the 11th minute, Danny Copp, who done well to meet a high ball with his right foot to beat the keeper from close in after 35 minutes, Jordy Cufflin smashed home another after 41 minutes before Callum Jarman and Danny Copp scored their second goals after 42 and 45 minutes respectively. Trinderbox scored a consolation goal after 37 minutes when Owls failed to properly defend a corner.

HT 1-6

After two substitutions at half-time that saw Nathan Cramp on at centre back for Alexey Antonov and Danny King on for the impressive Nick Sutton, Owls lost a bit of momentum as they merely contained  Trinderbox for most of the second half. Owls did return to their more flowing football style in the last 20 minutes and were rewarded with goals from Dave Fallows after 78 minutes with Callum Jarman completing his Hat-trick after 79 minutes. 

FT 1-8

Player of the Day: Callum Jarman

Goals Scorers: Callum Jarman 3, Danny Copp 2, Adam Clarke 1, Jordy Cufflin 1, Dave Fallows 1,

Harborough Hotshots 1-3 Oadby Owls - 10th February 2013 (EW Foster Cup Quarter Final)

This match was more than a cup qtr final. It represented the first of three clashes between the two sides, both chasing a semi final place and a top spot in division four. First blood was always going to be important and today was Oadby's day. From the off, Owls were full of the confidence six wins on the trot brings to a side. Oadby went straight at Hotshots and with better finishing, could have been two up after 5 minutes. Owls eventually took the lead when Callum Jarman capitalised on a poor pass along the Hotshots back line to give the keeper no chance after 11 minutes. The rest of the first half was fought out much in the middle of the park with Owls having the lions share of possession and chances.

HT 0-1

The second half began much as the first had ended but it was Hotshots that got the break in the 62nd minute  after Owls had failed to clear their lines.

The goal gave Hotshots confidence and they could sense victory as they piled forward more and more forcing a save from keeper Ryan Marlow and a spectacular overhead goal line clearance from Danny Copp. Owls though have become a resilient team with a winning mentality and after scrapping it out for much of the second half, they took the lead in the 86th minute when Danny King put a corner into the near post which was headed back out to him to put another ball into the far post where super sub Karl Bailey met it with a ferocious volley that Christiano Ronaldo would have been proud of into  the net.

With time running out and the ref playing 5 minutes added time, Hotshots were pushing hard for an equaliser when super sub number 2, Jordy Cufflin picked up the ball just over the halfway line and made a strong run for their goal brushing off a couple of challenges along the way before confidently beating the advancing Hotshots keeper.

So, first blood to Owls in a tough match and the next two matches against Harborough promise to be tense affairs.

FT 1-3

Player of the Day: Karl Bailey (superb goal)

Goals Scorers: Callum Jarman, Karl Bailey, Jordy Cufflin

Oadby Owls 6 - 0 Countesthorpe - 6th January 2013 (League)

Owls commenced 2013 in the same fashion as they ended 2012. Countesthorpe arrived with the boost of signing four new players prior to todays game and for a while, played with some confidence without really hurting Owls. In the 19th minute, Owls took the lead when Nathan Moore tapped in after Owls had created panic in the Couyntesthorpe area and had two efforts cleared off the line. Nick Sutton then made it 2-0 after 21 minutes after a determined run past three Countesthorpe players. Owls continued to attack for most of the first half but found the Countesthorpe keeper in determined form. 

HT 2-0

Owls continued to attack  the Countesthorpe goal in the second half without success. After a double substitution with Callum Jarman and Jordy Cufflin, coming on in the 55th minute, Owls started to offer a couple of different problems for Countesthorpe to deal with and it was Callum Jarman who scored Owls 3rd after 68 minutes, stabbing home from 12 yards. Danny Copp then came on for his first game in 13 weeks after injury and wasted no time in putting his stamp on the game when shooting low into yhe net from 20yards in the 70th minute. Two minutes later Danny Copp scored his second and Owls fifth after running through and rounding the keeper before slotting home. Owls final goal came when Adam Clarke stabbed home from 10 yards in the 85th minute for a well deserved goal after putting in a great shift up front for the team. This was Owls fifth clean sheet on the trot and it is no coincidence that this run started at the same time as Ryan Marlow returned to the club in goal.

FT 6-0

Player of the Day: Adam Clarke

Goals Scorers: Danny Copp (2), Nathan Moore, Adam Clarke, Nick Sutton and Callum Jarman

Oadby Owls 2 Thurmaston 0 - 9th December 2012 (League)

Owls went top of division 4 today after a hard fought victory over Thurmaston.  Having beat Thurmaston on their ground last week 3 - 0 they arrived at today's match with several different players in their side.  Thurmaston kicked off and with the wind at their backs and  showed their intent on making more of a match of this return game by competing vigorously for the ball in midfield.  The first half was a pretty even affair with Owls just shading it creating the only real chance of the half when Nathan Moore broke through on the left to unleash an angled shot which the Thurmaston keeper did well to save.

Half Time 0 - 0

The second half began much as the 1st half left off but as time wore on Owls showed their superior fitness and started to find much more space on the pitch.  Jordy Cufflin came on in the 60th minute for centre forward Adam Clarke and within a minute received a ball in space from Nathan Cramp, after teasing the Thurmaston defence let fly with an angled shot from the edge of the area with the keeper having no chance of saving.  At 1 - 0 Owls were now in the driving seat and took control of the game, Thurmaston started to show their frustration with some dubious looking challenges.  Owls continued to push on Thurmaston and got their due reward when an early ball from Nathan Cramp to Jordy Cufflin left their defence stranded whilst Jordy continued on to round the keeper before being brought down in the box.  Danny King stepped up to convert the penalty and secure all 3 points for Owls.

Full Time 2 - 0       

Player of the Day: Dave Fallows

Goals Scorers Jordy Cufflin, Danny King


Thurmaston Res 0 Oadby Owls 3 - 2nd December 2012 (League)

Owls traveled to Thurmaston on this cold and frosty December morning as the only division 4 match on the day. After 30 minutes delay, the match got under way and Owls stamped their authority on the match from the off. Owls closed down very well and enjoyed 80% of possession in the 1st half but for all of their efforts could not find the final ball to take advantage of their superiority. Then in the 35th minute, Nathan Moore managed to break down the right and supply the perfect ball for the impressive Callum Jarman to slam home off the bar. 

HT 0-1

The second half commenced and Thurmaston came out the blocks in the belief they could get back into this match but they played directly into Owls hands. After only 3 minutes of the second half, Danny King put Owls 2 up with a well placed diagonal shot from the left corner of the area. Owls fully secured the points in the 56th minute when the ever consistent Dave Fallows fed the ball to Callum Jarman who fed Nathan Moore on the line before moving onto a perfectly placed return ball to the goal line to put in the perfect cross for Danny King to tap in. Text book stuff from Owls and a deserved win which moves them up to 2nd place in Division 4.

FT 0 - 3

Player of the Day: Danny King - growing into a central midfield role

Goals Scorers: Callum Jarman and Danny King (2)

Owls 1 AC Wigston 0 (aet) - 18th November 2012 (EW Foster Cup)

Owls welcomed local rivals AC Wigston to Judge Meadow in the EW Fosters Cup. Owls always looked comfortable from the very start of this game but never looked completely in control. AC proved to be very worthy opponents for Owls showing a great deal of positional discipline and a good attitude to closing space for Owls to prevent them stamping their authority on the game. Owls did open AC up on a couple of occasions in the first half without taking full advantage, one such chance falling to Danny King who done well to outpace the AC defence before closing in on goal only to see his shot saved by AC's keeper. Owls also had what looked liked a perfectly good goal by Adam Clarke ruled out for a dubious off-side.

HT 0-0

The second half continued much the same as the first with Owls having marginally the better of possession and creating the better chances without making their superiority stick.

FT 0-0

As extra time started, it was apparent that Owls were the stronger of the two sides, probably due to the teams hard work at training on a Wednesday night. Owls were playing a more expansive game now but still had difficulty breaking down  a resolute AC defence. Although Owls were now in the driving seat, you always feared AC could mount a purposeful attack and take the game. As the final whistle approached and penalties loomed, owls made the breakthrough. After some pressure from Owls, there was a bit of a scramble in the AC area and a shot from Karl Bailey was handled on the line to keep it out.  The resulting penalty was converted by Danny King and with AC being reduced to 10 men, it was game over.

Final Score 1-0 AET

Player of the Day: Aam Wells

Goals Scorers: Danny King

Countesthorpe Athletic 0 Oadby Owls 9 - 11th November 2012 ( League )

Due to injuries, illness and other commitments, Owls arrived at Countesthorpe with just 11 fit players and the injured Dan Copp as a needs must substitute. They needn't have worried though as Athletic found themselves in a worse state with only 10 players available. Owls welcomed back former youth team keeper Ryan Marlow who although not seriously tested today, showed he had lost none of his silky keeping skills. Owls took control of the match from the off and after squandering several early chances got the breakthrough when Nick Sutton was brought down in the box for Danny King to step up and convert the resulting penalty. Owls continued to show their discipline and opened up Athletics defence time after time without making them suffer. 

HT 0-1

Athletic kicked off the second half showing their intent when they had a shot at goal from the centre circle that Oadby keeper Marlow had to be alert to, turning it away from the top right of goal for a Countesthorpe corner. Wake up call received loud and clear, Owls took full command and when the impressive Nathan Moore scored for Owls with a shot from the edge of the area after 55 minutes, the flood gates opened and Owls sharpened up their finishing with further goals from Adam Wells, Nick Sutton, Hari Pathak-Mould 2, Karl Bailey, Richard Hawkes and Danny King with his second of the game to complete the scoring. Athletic only had 10 players but they still had to be beaten and Owls should be congratulated for the discipline they showed in breaking down Athletic to notch division 4's largest win of the season.

Player of the Day: Nathan Moore

Goals Scorers: Danny King 2, Hari Pathak-Mould 2, Nathan Moore, Adam Wells, Karl Bailey, Nick Sutton and Richard Hawkes.

Oadby Owls 2 Blue Pig Wolvey 3 - 4th November 2012 (County Trophy )

Owls welcomed Blue Pig Wolvey  of the Hinckley and District league in the County Trophy cup competition and got off to a flyer when Callum Jarman smashed home a loose ball in the area to give Owls the lead after only 11 minutes. Owls were having the lions share of the first half when in the 28th minute, they were caught by a quick break by Wolvey when a long ball was controlled by their striker who only had one thing in mind and made no mistake with the end product. The rest of the first half was one way traffic in Owls favour without any clear goal opportunities until the 43rd minute when Karl Bailey put in a cross that the Wolvey Keeper to everyone's surprise turned into his own goal whilst under no pressure at all. At 2-1 with haft time looming, the match seemed to be swinging in favour of Owls but Wolvey had other ideas as the Owls defence developed a hole that the lone Wolvey striker took full advantage of by striding into the box before chipping the advancing Owls keeper. 

HT 2-2

The second half had only just begun and Owls were defending comfortably on the edge of their area with players to spare behind the ball when the ball broke out beyond the D to the feet of the advancing Wolvey midfielder who smashed a venomous shot which took a late deflection to beat the Owls keeper. Owls pressed without success throughout the remainder of the game as Wolvey defended their advantage to the end.

FT 2-3

Player of the Day: Adam Wells

Goals Scorers: Callum Jarman, Karl Bailey

Oadby Owls 2 NPE 1 - 28th October 2012 (League)

Owls welcomed league leaders NPE onto home soil still seething from a below par performance the previous week that saw NPE take all 3 points with a rather flattering 4-0 win. What a difference a week makes. Owls started the match at pace and made NPE look quite ordinary as they pressed NPE creating some very good chances for themselves without taking advantage of their superiority until Nick Sutton put in a thunderous left foot shot from 30 yards that left the superb Parks keeper with no chance of saving. Owls continued to play some good football and never looked in any trouble throughout the first half.

HT 1-0

The second half began with Parks doing their best to get back into the match but Owls seemed quite comfortable not allowing NPE too much of the ball. However, in the 62nd minute NPE did eventually find a way past the Owls defence on a rare venture into the Owls area when an angled shot was beaten out by keeper Pathak-Mould only to see the ball land at the feet of the NPE striker who scrambled it in from close range. Full credit to Owls who stepped up a gear and scored the winner when a Danny King free kick was headed on by Adam Clarke for Adam Wells to stab home at the far post in the 75th minute.

FT 2-1

Mom Richard Hawkes

Goals Scorers

NPE 4 Oadby Owls 0 - 21st October 2012 (League)

Playing against the league leaders on a cold and foggy morning, Owls were soon pressed back but kept chances for NPE to a minimum. After the first 10 minutes, Owls got a foothold in the game and created a couple of decent chances for themselves but failed to convert them into goals. NPE took the lead after 31 minutes in fortunate circumstances when an attempted clearance by Owls in the 6 yard box rebounded off a Parks player into the net.  NPE doubled their lead in the 38th minute when a poorly defended free kick was helped into the net from close range.

HT 2-0

The  first 20 minutes of the second half were quite even with Owls creating a couple of half chances and a full on chance that should have put Owls back into the game. NPE extended their lead in the 65th minute with a close range mis-hit shot that wrong footed the Owls keeper. NPE wrapped the match up completely when they scored a fourth goal deep into injury time that gave them a slightly flattering shoreline.

FT 4-0

Player of the Day: No outstanding player today

Goals Scorers: 

Oadby Owls 3 CSK Carnabys 3 - 14th October 2012 (League)

Owls  dropped 2 more vital points against 2nd placed Carnabys. After a strong start, Owls took a deserved lead when Nick Sutton hit a superb left foot shot from 30 yards into the bottom right hand corner that gave the keeper no chance. The goal allowed Owls to play with more confidence and they settled into a nice rhythm containing CSKA with some ease. Owls went further ahead after 34 minutes when Adam Wells met a corner from the left to head home from close range. Owls continued to play a steady controlled game and created some great chances without taking advantage of their superiority. 

HT 2-0

Carnabys came out for the second half and managed to pull a goal back after a long ball out of defence was pounced upon by their lively striker. Scenting another goal, Carnabys picked up the pace and started to chase down and were putting in some over zealous tackles that weren't punished by the referee. Carnabys got an equaliser after 74 minutes after the normally infallible Alexey Antonov was caught in possession 35 yards out. Their striker raced in on keeper Will Birbeck before slotting home. Owls responded and pushed Carnabys back creating 2 or 3 good chances before Callum Jarman headed the ball home after the keeper pushed out a strong Danny King shot in the 82nd minute. Owls were worthy of 3 points but allowed carnabys back in again from another long ball out of defence. Only time will tell if this was a point gained or 2 points lost.

FT 3-3

Player of the Day: Nick Sutton

Goals Scorers: Nick Sutton, Adam Wells, Callum Jarman

Oadby Owls 4 Humberstone (2000) 2 - 7th October 2012 (County Cup)

Owls turned up to this match with only 12 players available and without either of their 2 regular keepers. Regular left back, Richard Hawkes  covered in goal whilst Dave Fallows moved to left back with Alfie Mabbs coming in as a defensive midfielder. Despite their lack of squad depth on the day, Owls started well and won a penalty in the 3rd minute when Callum Jarman was hacked down in the area. Danny King ( after having a crucial penalty saved last week ) bravely insisted on putting things right and made no mistake as his kick found the bottom left corner of the net. Owls then extended their lead after 35 minutes when Karl Bailey received the ball in the area with his back to goal, he managed to turn his marker and smash a great shot past the Humberstone keeper. Humberstone then pulled a goal back when their centre forward managed to get between the Owls centre backs to receive a long ball which he finished off well giving Chuddy (Richard Hawkes) no chance of saving.

HT 2-1

The second half began and Humberstone were quick to let Owls Know they were up for the fight with some physical challenges in the centre of midfield before they levelled the score from a corner. Thoughts of last weeks collapse must have run through the Owls players minds at this time before Callum Jarman tucked in a loose ball in the box to put Owls back in the drivers seat. Alfie Mabbs then scored a superb goal with a left foot shot from outside the box to make it 4-2. Nerves now settled, Owls  controlled the match with some lovely possession football. The longer they kept the ball, the more frustrated Humberstone became and the more frustrated they became, the more hostile were the challenges for which Owls were pleased to accept the free kicks before tormenting their opponents some more.

FT 4-2

Player of the Day: Alfie Mabbs

Goals Scorers: Danny King, Karl Bailey, Callum Jarman, Alfie Mabbs

Oadby Owls 4 Desford Athletic 5 - 30th September 2012 (Billy Walton Cup)

Oadby started this game in blistering style taking the lead after just 8 seconds when Danny Copp robbed the ball from a Desford defender and burst through into the box before beating the goalkeeper with a ball into the top right hand corner. Oadby went further ahead through Danny King after 9 minutes with a close range effort. This was a real power display by Owls who were playing the type of football not normally seen in sunday league football and it was no surprise when Owls scored a fourth with an angled shot from Nick Sutton after only 14 minutes. In the 21st minute, Danny Copp burst through again for a one on one with the keeper only to be hacked to the ground before releasing his shot. Danny suffered some ligament damage in the tackle and had to be replaced with Alfie Mabbs in the centre of midfield. The referee awarded Owls a penalty for the tackle but only showed the player a yellow card instead of red. So there Owls were 3-0 to the good with a penalty to go after only 21 minutes, surely its game over. Danny King stepped up for the penalty and the keeper made the save to his right hand side to keep it at 3-0. One minute later, Desford broke their duck when an   early ball to their striker proved to be Owls undoing. This goal and Dan Copps injury seemed to knock the stuffing out of Oadby who were no longer playing good fluent football. Another goal for Desford in the 37th minute from a corner had Owls reeling and full of doubt.

HT 3-2

Desford started the 2nd half full of belief and got the equalizer on 55 minutes. Owls had to dig deep now and in the 81st minute Nick Sutton scored what we all thought was a deserved winner for Owls. Desford had other ideas when within a minute, they produced another long ball to undo Oadby's shaky defence. With extra time looming, Desford struck once more to break the hearts of Oadby who in truth have to go away and consider how they could possibly lose a match that they were so much in control of.

FT 4-5

Player of the Day: Dan Copp

Goals Scorers: Dan Copp 1 Dan King 1 Nick Sutton 2

CSKA Carnaby 2 Oadby Owls 2 - Sunday 16th September 2012 (League)

Oadby travelled to league leaders CSKA knowing a win would see them replacing CSKA at the top of division 4. Owls started the brighter of the two teams with the 3G pitch suiting their slick passing style of play. Owls dominated proceedings throughout the first half missing many opportunities to score and bringing some great saves from the home teams keeper but for all the pressure, Owls couldnt find a way through. H-T 0-0

The second half resumed much the same as the first with Owls dominating when totally against the run of play, CSKA broke out and split the Owls defence with a diagonal ball for their first chance of the and the first goal of the game. Owls kept their belief in their passing game and continued to find ways through on goal without managing to capitalize on their superiority until the 75th minute when Nick Sutton finally gave Owls a deserved equalizer. With injuries to both centre forward Nathan Moore and centre half Adam Wells, on came substitutes Adam Clarke and Alfie Mabbs who both contributed in turning the match in Owls favour with Mabbs supplying Owls second goal from the edge of the area. With 6 minutes injury time played in a match that hardly had a stoppage, Owls were defending a free kick as CSKA threw everyone forward including the goalkeeper to score at the far post and nick a point with the very last touch of the game.

Final Score 2-2

Goals Scorers: Nick Sutton 1, Alfie Mabbs 1.

Oadby Owls 1 Desford Athletic - 9th September 2012 (League)

Oadby took all 3 points in this second match between the two teams within a week. Having beaten Desford convincingly the previous weekend in the opening game of the season, Owls could have expected an easier match but Desford put in a much stronger effort than was expected. Whilst the Owls defence were not overworked, their attack found Desford a hard nut to crack. With the score being 0-0 at half-time, the match was finely balanced for a good second half.

Owls finally broke the deadlock in the 65th minute when Desford failed to clear the ball after a long throw in and Karl Bailey was on hand to whip in a shot that the keeper failed to keep out despite a brave effort to do so. With the lead secured, Owls took the sting out of the game as they kept possession for good periods frustrating this much improved Desford side.

Player of the Day: Alexey Antonov (classy defensive display)

Goals Scorers: Karl Bailey

Desford Athletic 1 Oadby Owls 5 - 2nd September 2012 (League)

Five of the finest for the Owls

Oadby Owls traveled away to Desford Athletic on the opening day of the season. A fast paced start to the game saw Oadby Owls captain Dan Copp score after 2 minutes with a left footed half volley. More pressure coming from the Owls midfield saw Desford leak another goal after 7 minutes thanks to the Owls center mid Callum Jarman. Oadby owls continued to apply pressure and create chances as Desford looked out of sorts failing to test the Owls keeper in the first half.

After a half time break and some wise words from the Oadby Management team Jim Hawkes and Mill Copp the Owls began the second half strong. After five minutes of the second half Owls had added a third through Nick Sutton, essentially sealing the game and securing all three points for the black and white army. Owls weren't finished yet as both Callum Jarman and Dan Copp added another two goals and doubling their personal tallies for the match and the season. In an attempt to put the game to rest and slow the pace Owls lost the ball in midfield (Dan Copp). This allowed Desford to create a half chance that Adam Wells attempted clearance rebounded off of a Desford player and into the back of the net.

Plenty of goals and a good squad performance helps the Oadby Owls snatch all three points and build a good goal difference. No clean sheet but a good all round performance. 3 points and a message sent to the rest of the league on opening day as Oadby defeat a team that did the double over them last season.

MoM - Danny King (4 assists)  DoD - Nathan Cramp (cant finish his breakfast)

Goals Scorers: Dan Copp (2, 72), Callum Jarman (7, 69), Nick Sutton (50) - Desford (83)

Team Notices

Alliance League