Seniors - Men

Team Photos

Home Kit

Away Kit

Manager: Milford Copp

Mobile: 07894 742249

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Assistant Manager: Nick Colman

Mobile: 07989 306883

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Leagues Official Website

The team play in the Alliance Football League – Division 4

League Link


Niffy Rangers Reserves 1 Oadby Owls 6 – 11th December 2011 (League)

Owls started this match against lowly Niffy Reserves with the hill in their favour but the wind against them. Owls started brightly but lacked any real punch in the last third of the pitch. Niffy were giving everything but never really troubled a strong Owls back line. After the Niffy keeper had made two or three good saves, Owls took the lead through Jordy Cufflin in the 21st minute only to allow Niffy back into the game before half time when the Owls defence failed to close down their player on the edge of the area. Owls continued to force the play but found the Niffy keeper equal to all their efforts.

HT 1-1

The second half started much the same as the first half until a double substitution that saw the introduction of Dan Parton and Karl Bailey at right midfield and right full back respectively after 52 minutes with the latter immediately supplying the cross for Jordy Cufflin to restore Owls lead in the 54th minute and open the flood gates for Danny Copp with a route one goal in the 56th minute. Next to score was flying full back Richard Hawkes after 62 minutes with Jordy Cufflin finishing his hat-trick on 82 minutes after rounding the Niffy keeper. Finally, after another surge forward from Richard Hawkes won Owls a penalty in the 88th minute for goalkeeper Will Birbeck to come up and tuck it away cheekily to finish the days scoring.

Player of the Day: Nathan Cramp – defended solidly

Goals Scorers: Jordy Cufflin (3), Dan Copp, Richard Hawkes and Will Birbeck

Markfield Rangers 2 Oadby Owls 4 – 4th December 2011 (County Cup)

Owls travelled to high flying Markfield on this icy cold and windy day looking to book a place in the quarter finals of the competition and didn’t wait long to get going as Danny King scored direct from an in-swinging corner in the second minute. Markfield had been on a bit of a run in the Charnwood league and their confidence showed as they played some nice stuff against the wind to push Oadby back on the defensive for periods. However, after 22 minutes, Owls increased their lead when Dan Copp latched on to a ball over the top and then beat the keeper for pace to send the ball over the keeper into the net. Both players took knocks in the process but were ok to continue. Owls then went further ahead when Karl Foxon met Danny Kings corner at the near post to make it 3-0 after 35 minutes. HT 0-3 The second half saw Markfield start at a gallop. Using the wind behind them, they hit Owls with 2 early goals from balls over the top. Owls adjusted themselves to accommodate the change in style from Markfield and done very well defending stoutly with wave after wave of attacks. With 10 minutes remaining and the score at 2-3, Markfield were awarded a penalty. Will Birbeck done a great job of first making himself big and as the player moved in to take his kick; Will started his Jelley wobbling act doing enough to make him miss the target and hit the post which was then hit against the bar before being cleared to safety. Owls took heed and started to impose themselves further up the field and got their reward when after receiving the ball 25 yards out, Dan Copp made a run for the penalty area before being upended for a penalty. Coppy made no mistake from the spot making the score 2-4. The game was never for the faint hearted but got nasty in the dying minutes with Markfield disgruntled and putting in some horrific tackles resulting in a 22 man melee with 2 Markfield players and one Owls player receiving their marching orders.

Player of the Day: Adam Wells – great defensive work

Goals Scorers: Danny King, Karl Foxon and Danny Copp (2

Oadby Owls 4 Aylestone Lounge Bar 2 – 27th November 2011 (League)

Owls kicked off against Aylestone with the wind behind them and took full advantage in the first half with goals from the hard working Karl Bailey and the ever threatening Jordy Cufflin. Although Owls were deserving of their half-time lead, Aylestone had showed how dangerous they could be during the first half when they hit the bar and forced several corners. HT 2-0The second half got under way and Aylestone pushed forward in numbers assisted by the strong wind and Owls gave away an early goal from a header at the near post from a corner giving Aylestone a massive lift. Owls had to soak up a lot of pressure before breaking out in numbers and Danny Copp stabbing home from 10 yards to put some breathing space between the teams. Owls created several chances after this but couldn't find the finishing touch. Aylestone continued to push forward and got their reward when Owls failed to clear a ball that was bobbling around the area allowing Aylestone to stab home. Aylestone could smell blood and possible extra time until Dan Copp threaded a through ball for Karl Bailey to latch onto and he made no mistake with a thumping shot from 15 yards.

Man of the Match: Jordy Cufflin – strength and work rate

Goals Scorers: Jordy Cufflin, Danny Copp and Karl Bailey (2)

New Road Inn Res 3 Oadby Owls 4 – 23rd October 2011 (League)

Let me start this report from Saturday evening whilst sitting at home and knowing we are short of available players, I receive 3 texts from key players explaining they couldn't make the match. Thanks to Alfie Mabbs, Dan Copp and Dan Partons efforts, we managed to find a player to help us at 11.30pm. Come Sunday morning, we have 11 players and one substitute. Of the 11 players, 2 have bad colds and 2 have injuries they shouldn't be playing with. Added to this, our only substitute doesn't want to play as he has a viral infection. The match started with Owls dominating the middle and after 6 minutes, Dan Copp scored a superb solo goal after winning the ball in midfield to break clear on a one on one against the NRI keeper making no mistake into the bottom corner. The referee booked our new signing Jack Hickey for what is unclear and as Jack protests, out comes a red card. So, down to 10 men including the sick and the walking wounded. Owls went 2-0 up with a superb Karl Bailey reflex shot after 18 minutes only to see NRI pull one back with a hopeful long shot after 20 mins. Not to be outdone, Owls replied with a 20 yard candidate for goal of the season from Dan (Dolly) Parton. NRI smelt blood with Owls down to 10 and scored again in the 28th minute from a long throwing that Owls should have dealt with. At 3-2 and down to 10 men with a long way to go, nerves were on edge until in the 43rd minute when Karl Bailey broke through and made no mistake with his left foot.HT 2-4The second half started and Owls had to battle to keep NRI at bay. After 70 minutes, NRI pulled a goal back after a superb turn and early strike which keeper Will Birbeck couldn't keep out despite getting a hand to. Nothing of action to say after this as Owls showed Intelligence, Discipline, Team spirit in abundance and courage to keep NRI out.Final Score 3-4A very special mention to Nick Colman and Jim Hawkes who both offered to sign on to help the cause of the lads. It would be nice for those missing to consider their spirit in helping the side overcome massive odds as they have today. Some of the squad need to switch on or move on.

Man of the Match: Karl Bailey – loads of hero's today but I have to pick one (2 goals and played 2nd half out of position for the team with great effect )

Goals Scorers: Dan Copp, Dan Parton and Karl Bailey (2)

Oadby Owls 2 Birstall Rangers 1 – 16th October 2011 (League)

Oadby got sweet revenge on Birstall for doing the double on them last season. Owls welcomed back Dave Davies after his holidays and he formed a solid partnership with Adam Wells in the centre of defence. The first 20 minutes of the match saw both sides fighting for the midfield with neither side creating much in front of goal. Owls got a bit of luck for a change in the 26th minute when a Birstall defender mis-guided a header past his keeper for the alert Jordy Cufflin to latch onto and score for Owls. Owls were dealt a blow when right back Alex Kupresanin left the field with an ankle injury before half-time.HT = 1-0Having shuffled the team to cover for the injured full back, Owls were further hit when the impressive Alfie Mabbs had to be replaced by new signing Gavin George because of a troublesome back. After soaking up some good pressure from Birstall, Owls should have gone further ahead after good work by Jordy Cufflin set up an opportunity for Dan Copp who uncharacteristically fired over from 12 yards. Within a minute of this Birstall were level as Owls failed to mark the edge of the area from a corner. Adam Wells restored Oadby's lead in the 70th minute, stabbing home from a right wing corner. Will Birbeck made two excellent saves to keep Birstall at bay and in the last minute, Dan Copp nearly got a third for Owls after running the length of the pitch, riding a blatant attempt to bring him down by the last defender and beating the keeper only to watch the ball go agonisingly just wide.

Man of the Match: Jordy Cufflin – work rate

Goals Scorers: Jordy Cufflin and Adam Wells

Oadby Owls 6 Bradgate Arms 0 – 2nd October 2011 (County Cup)

A great team performance from Oadby today. The avalanche of goals stated in the 15th minute with a well taken penalty from Danny King. More goals quickly followed from Adam wells (captain for the day). The score at half time 2-0.The second half was even better from Oadby we controlled the game for long periods and never looked under pressure at all.A third goal came from Danny king after a great run down the wing from Dan Parton. A fourth goal came in from Chris Toon and a 5th from Alfie Mabbs. The rout was completed by Dan Parton who had an outstanding game.Well done to the boys who played injured for long parts of the game and made up for the ones who couldn't be bothered to turn up!

Man of the Match: Alex Kupresanin

Goals Scorers: Danny King (2), Alfie Mabbs, Dan Parton, Chris Toon and Adam Wells

The Gate Hangs Well 1 Oadby Owls 1 (The Gate Hangs Well won 4-3 on penalties) – 25th September 2011 (Billy Walton Cup)

Oadby arrived with just 12 available players and had to make a substitution after 3 minutes due to an injury to Danny King. The first half was a dour affair with neither side playing much decent football. Overall, Oadby enjoyed the majority of the play in the first 45 minutes but lacked a final ball.HT 0-0The second half started more brightly for Owls as they took the lead on 47 minutes with Jordy Cufflin converting a cross from Karl Bailey. TGHW hit back after 70 minutes to level the score which is how it remained till the end of extra time. In the penalty shoot out, Will Birbeck gave Owls a great start saving their first and fourth penalties only for Owls to fail with their second and fifth penalties. The final miss for Owls was the seventh penalty which allowed TGHW through to the next round. Overall, this was a lacklustre, under par performance with very little passion from an Owls side that far more is expected from.

Man of the Match: Jordy Cufflin

Goals Scorers: Jordy Cufflin

Phoenix United 2 Oadby Owls 3 – 18th September 2011 (League)

I am delighted to report that Oadby finally got the victory they have deserved all season as they humbled high flying table toppersPhoenix3-2. Kicking with the hill in the first half, Oadby took a deserved lead after 12 minutes when Jordy Cufflin cut inside from the right to unleash a shot from 20 yards with the outside of his right boot which flew into the keepers top right of goal. Disaster struck 4 minutes later when a lost cause was retrieved by thePhoenixleft winger who lashed in a low cross which their striker stole from our defenders boot to level the score at 1-1. Oadby continued to press and Jay Patel thought he had restored the lead only to have the goal disallowed for offside with two of their players on the goal line. (The third goal Oadby have dubiously had ruled out this season ). Jay Patel did restore Oadby's Lead just before half time when he met a cross from the left with an accurately placed header.HT 1-2The second half started with Phoenix safe in the belief that kicking with the hill in their favour it would only be a matter of time before they got back in the game but Oadby had other idea's and gave them a lesson in possession football before Danny Kings whipped in shot/cross (we'll never know the truth, ) found the back of the net. AlthoughPhoenixcontinued to fight, and did score again after 83 minutes, Oadby never looked in any real danger. Special mention to Keeper Will Birbeck who is settling into senior football week by week and to long term injured Karl Foxon who enjoyed an excellent return to the team.FT 2-3

Man of the Match: Karl Foxon

Goals Scorers: Jordy Cufflin, Jay Patel and Danny King

Bharat Talbot 2 Oadby Owls 1 – 11th September 2011 (League)

Oadby's poor start to the season continued today at Bharat Talbot. Oadby kicked off playing against a strong wind during the first half and looked to have put their two previous games behind them as they played some neat possession football and kept Bharat on the back foot for most of the half even after a freak shot on 20 minutes from long distance was helped along by the wind into the top corner of the net giving Talbot an undeserved lead. Despite lots of pressure from Oadby, Talbot held their lead through to half time.HT 1-0The second half continued in much the same way as the first with Oadby piling the pressure on Talbot. Adam Wells scored what looked to be a perfectly good headed goal from a Jordy Cufflin free kick only to see it ruled out for off-side by a more than dubious linesman for the home side. Oadby continued to take the game to Talbot and were rewarded when tireless fullback Richard Hawkes arrived in the box to show his strikers how it is done. At 1-1 and Oadby pushing for the winner to no avail, you could be excused for thinking its another of those days and so it proved. In the 90th minute on a rare attack, Talbot got the opening and made no mistake with it. Overall, another good display from Oadby without the killer punch.Surely, they must get the rub of the green soon.FT 2-1

Man of the Match: Dave Davies

Goals Scorers: Richard Hawkes

Oadby Owls FC 3 FC Hoskins 3 – 7th September 2011 (League)

Oadby took the lead midway through the first half against a Hoskins side tipped to win division 4 and displaying many of there first team in this mid-week clash before being caught asleep from a Hoskins corner to level the score after 35 minutes. Oadby didn't let the Hoskins equalizer disturb them and kept a good work ethic to regain the lead after 40 minutes with the wind carrying an Alfie Mabbs cross into the net. The goal was a little fortunate but well deserved as Oadby had fought hard to enjoy the lions share of the first half possession. HT 2-1 The second half started a little better for Oadby as their youth and fitness started to show through and when Pathak-Mould slipped his man to feed Karl Bailey for his second with 10 minutes remaining, you could have been excused for thinking the game was won but Hoskins had other ideas and pulled one back almost immediately. At 3-2 with minutes remaining, Hoskins broke out again and their centre forward chased down a ball that the Owls keeper looked to have covered but with the help of raised studs and determination, their forward won the ball to go on and score a late equalizer with all the Owls calls for a free kick for a foul on the keeper being ignored by the referee. FT 3-3

Man of the Match: Karl Bailey

Goals Scorers: Karl Bailey (2) and Alfie Mabbs

Oadby Owls 2 New Road Inn Reserves 3 – 4th September 2011 (League)

Oadby's season got off to a poor start going down 3 – 2 to NRI on the opening day. After a slow start to the game, Oadby went 1-0 down after 20 minutes and were guilty of not playing to the whistle after NRI's lively left winger kept the ball in play on the touchline and cut inside to create the only real chance of the match so far in the game. After this set back, Oadby upped their game and soon scored from a Danny Copp free kick only to have it disallowed for a foul on the keeper. Oadby had the lions share of the remainder of play till half time.

HT 0-1

The second half was all Owls and they levelled the score soon after the break through Danny Copp after a great run and pass from Jordy Cufflin. Owls almost immediately took the lead with a cracking shot from Dan Parton. NRI were rocking and there was only one team in the game with Owls mounting wave after wave of attacks on the NRI's goal which is how the game was until 5 minutes after the ref had claimed there was 3 minutes remaining, NRI launched a rare attack and as Owls centre back Nathan Cramp cleared the ball with an overhead kick, to everyones astonishment the ref decided to give them a penalty. A bad decision that changed the game dramatically as the enraged Owls players pushed forward in numbers for a last minute free kick, NRI broke out and hit them on the break just before the final whistle.

Man of the Match: Adam Wells

Goals Scorers: Danny Copp and Dan Parton