Under 10 Snowys

Team Photos

Home Kit


Away Kit


Manager: Alex Bexon

Mobile: 07795 967428

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Assistant Manager: Simon Andrews

Mobile: 07813 836618

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Leagues Official Website

The team play in the Leicester & District Mutual League – Division 1

League Link


National Futsal Festival Finals - 30th June 2012 at Futsal International Arena, Birmingham

Snowy find things tough at FA Showpiece National Finals event

Oadby Owls Snowys under 10s found the step up National qualifications standard a tough ask at the Football Associations flagship Futsal finals. After Qualifying as the champions of the East Midlands, the Snowys set off for Birmingham with high hopes of finishing their mini soccer careers on a massive high following their third tour win in four years. The standard of the other nine qualifiers though was to prove to big a hurdle to overcome.

The coach departed from Oadby at a very early time of 7.45 to make the relatively short journey to Birmingham as the boys arrived at the very impressive @Futsal Birmingham International Futsal Arena it was apparent at the magnitude of their qualifying success.

The ten sides from the length and breadth of the country were split into two groups of five with the top two to progress to the semis. The atmostphere around the arena was electric and as the fixtures were released it all became apparent that we were to kick off the event in the first match.

As the massive crowd gathered round pitch two the boys were against Harbourne Hawks. The tannoy blasted out the countdown music as the they waited for the hooter. It was apparent that this unnerved the boys and a very good Hawks side were on top from the start. Only a superb display by keeper George kept the final score to 2-0 as he single handedly kept the rampant hawks at bay.

It was now apparent at the standard of the competion and the boys needed to up it for the second match against eventual champions East Hull Saints. After conceeding an early goal from a smartly worked corner, the Snowys equalised through a cracking Hussein free kick. The Snowys were up and running for the tournament. Their joy though was short lived as both sides looked for the winner. From a Snowys attack it was the saints who snatched the winner leaving the snowys chances of going through in tatters.

For the third game we were up against South east winners Whiteknight Toffees and the boys put on their best performance. With the pressure now off they played some delightful futsal peppering the Toffees goal. Goals from Isaac and Hussein were cancelled out by two from the Southeners as the game ended 2-2. hard on the boys who were on top from the hooter to the final whistle.

The final game of the group was against FC Enfield from London and it was a game that summed up the whole day. Hussein put the Snowys into the lead and the margin was nearly doubled as Isaac's volley came back off the inside of the post with Harrys follow up being cleared off the line. Enfield were given an unlikely lifeline as the previously immaculate George let a speculative clearance go through him for the leveler. Two late goals from the Londoners were enough to condemn the Snowys to their third defeat in four games.

Despite the results not going our way on the day against it was a fantastic experience for the boys who won three qualifying stages to finish in the final ten of 1200 original entrants from across the counrty. On their incredible journey they have been a credit to themselves, their parents and the club.

Both myself and Simon are very proud of their acheivemnet in reaching such a prestigous event. WELL DONE TO YOU ALL.

Player of the Day: George Rawlings ( Absolutely superb on a day he had to be)

Goals Scorers: Hussein (3) and Isaac

Regional FA Futsal Tournament - 20th May 2012 at Nottingham University

Snowys march on winning the Midlands Futsal Finals and qualifying for the National showpiece

What started out as a bit of fun for the Snowys has taken them to the FA showpiece National Futsal Finals in Birmingham. Arriving at Nottingham University as Leicestershire champions the Snowys were full of confidence ahead of the Midlands Finals. With the tried and tested formula of the splitting the squad into two and giving them all half of each game, the boys were to play six games against the champions of Notts, Derby and Lincs.

First up was Mackworth St Francis of Derby. A totally dominant performance by the boys resulting in a two nil win although the margin could have been far more emphatic. Jaga scoring both goals. Grimsby Town were next up and it was the Lincs outfit who took the lead late in the first half. The Snowys showed their new found confidence though and turned the game back in their way with a well worked reply. Jaga again the goalscorer. The game was to have a final twist as on the buzzer Alfie slipped Jaga in for the winner. All eyes of the ref for confirmation who gave us the thumbs up. The Snowys made it three wins from three with another comeback win this time a 3-2 win against Nottingham side Whitemoore. Alfie equalizing an early goal before Mat rifled us ahead. A fine strike from Whitemoore looked like the game would end level before Mat scored the Snowys second consecutive last second winner.

With the return fixtures to play the boys were confident of finishing the job. Despite again going behind against Mackworth the boys turned on the style and ran out 4-1 winners with goals coming from Jaga 2, Matt, and Hussein. Qualification for the nationals was in the bag but could we win it. A draw against Grimsby in our next game confirmed the boys as Champions in a game dominated by both keepers. George and his opposite number pulling of a series of fantastic saves as the game ended in stalemate. The final match saw the boys unfortunately lose their unbeaten record as goal from Alfie and Isaac were not enough to stop Whitemoore winning 3-2 and qualifying themselves as runners up.

Despite not consistently playing at their best the boys ground out another fabulous winning performance to not only become Midlands Futsal Champions but book their place in the Football Associations Showpiece national Football Festival Finals. Flashes of what they can do and the sheer will to win on the day was good enough for the boys to win through. Despite going behind first in three consecutive matches, all three were turned in victories which show the boys have new found confidence and heart to match their undoubted ability.

All nine boys again made their parents and management proud and will no doubt be supported in Birmingham by a fantastic following at the end of June.

Bring on the National Finals.

Player of the Day: Jaga and Adam - Jaga with vital goals in the tight early games and Adam, unsung but never put a foot wrong all day as others showed patches of brilliance.

Goals Scorers: Jaga 6, Matt 3, Alfie 2 Hussein, Isaac

Under 10 Snowys Cleethorpes Tour 4th -7th May 2012

Snowys Crowned Champions at The Cleethorpes Classic

Oadby Owls Snowys came away from a fantastic weekend as champions of the Cleetrhorpes classic without conceding a single goal.

The stage was set as the tournament consisted of two groups of six with only group winners progessing to the final. After a bit of research it appered that the champions of Liverpool, Marshalls would provide a very tough challenge in the group.

Day 1 Saturday

First up was our very own Eagles side. The Eagles were up for it from the off and had the best of the early exchanges. However things were soon to settle down as Hussein, Jeva and Alfie all scored in quick sucsession to kill the game. Hussein scored again on the stroke of halftime to make it four and Jeva rounded things off with a fifth in the second half. Well done must be said to the Eagles boys though who stuck to their task well aginst their own friends and club colleagues.

The second game saw Brigg beaten two nil in a game that was totally dominated by the Snowys who played from exceptional football. Jaga and Hussein were the goalscores although some wayward finnishing could have made the scoreline more emphatic. After that game the Brigg management were quick to praise both the way the boys played football and their conduct against a team that were beaing totally outplayed.

Chadderton Park Griffins were next up and they were not going to give in easy. In a scrappy hard fought game it took a scrambled goal from Jeva to settle things, as the Snowys ran out one nil winners. So the boys ended the day with a 100% but found themselves in second spot on goal difference behind Marshalls.

Day 2 Sunday

The big game against Marshalls was first up, with the Snowys needing a win as goal difference was key. During the 5 years the majority of these boys have been together this was one of their most complete performances. each player to a man won thier personal battle with their opposite number as the team united as one. The game will be remembered by most for the quality of the two goals scored. Hussein scored the first as Isaac fed Jaga on the edge of the box, he held the ball up despite some rough stuff from behind him to lay it into the path of Hussein. His shot hit the top corner like an arrow. this rattled Marshalls and the game was sealed with another fine goal. Alfie nipped the ball off the toes of a Marshalls player on the edge of the box, fed Isaac whose surging run opened up a gap for Jaga. whose fired another unstopable shot past the bewidered keeper. At two nil it was just a case of keeping things thight. With George, Harry, Matt, Jeva and Adam all putting a shift in at the back they never looked like concedeing and the game finished 2-0.

Our final group game was against Sheffields Thorncliffe juniors and a draw was needed. The game did infact end 0-0 to leave the management and parents nervous to the end. The woodwork was struck three times, shots were blocked and sitters missed. We had done enough though and a final showdown with AFC Dunstable was next up.

The final itself seemed to race by as two good sides slugged it out for the title. It was however the Snowys who looked more like breaking the deadlock. Jaga had a shot saved by the keeper with Alfie fireing the rebound over. Isaac was stopped by a fantastic last ditch tackle as was about to pull the trigger. and a fine cross from Hussein flashed across the goal, just eluding the in rushing Jaga and Alfie.

So it was to be penalties and it was the keeper George who would be come the hero in more ways than one.

Dunstable went first and scored 1-0, Isaac next 1-1, Dunstable goal 2-1 Matt, saved 2-1, Dunstable goal 3-1 Hussein goal 3-2, Dunstable post 3-2, Adam goal 3-3, Dunstable post 3-3. Jaga to win it, saved 3-3. Dustable saved by George. George himself to win it. Gooooal.

A fantastic nerve jangling win for the boys who deserve all the credit they get for these two days. each and every one of them were superb but for the odd lapse in front of goal. Both on and off the pitch they were a credit to the club and themselves.

Thanks also to the parents and players of the Tawnys and Eagles who provided nearly a hundred encouraging voices from the sidelines to urge the boys on. again showing what a great united year group of boys these under 10's are.

The presentation was a great night with Dion Dublin being the celebrity on stage. the boys enjoyed it, the parents enjoyed and a few beers were consumed in celebration. Another great weekend had by all.

Players of the weekend: George, Matt, Harry, Adam, Alfie, Isaac, Hussein, Jaga and Jeva. Nine players one complete team united as one.

Goals Scorers: Hussein 4, Jeva 3, Jaga 2, Alfie 

Leicestershire FA Futsal Tournament - 22nd April 2012

Snowys shine through in Futsal competition

The team travelled to Loughborough University to take part in the Leicestershire and Rutland Futsal Finals Day with our Eagles team after winning through the qualifiers in top spot in each pool.

In the semi final, our opponents were a very talented Aylestone Park U9 side. The Snowys started very brightly and, as so often this season, didn't take the chances created. A mixture of the Aylestone keeper making some good saves and poor shooting from our players meant that the game remained goalless at half time.

The second half started disappointingly as Aylestone took the lead. In truth, their passing and movement were much better than our own and it would now take a determined effort from the boys to progress. Hussein created and scored an equaliser that seemed to kick the team into gear and Snowys were now on top. Still chances went begging before Isaac's shot went through the goalkeeper's legs for the winner.

A hard fought 2-1 victory, despite not playing to our full potential, meant a place in the final against Highfield Rangers, who had earlier beaten our Eagles team 5-2.

A slight change in formation for the final almost paid dividends within seconds of kick off as Jaga shot agonisingly wide after a slick passing move from the boys. Again, the team were creating chances and not taking them before Hussein scored to take the lead. Hesitant defending and better movement from the opposition lead to two Rangers goals before Mat scored from a quickly taken corner. Half time: 2-2.

After an early warning, the boys seemed to be asleep as Rangers again went ahead. The play was going from end to end until we were awarded a second free kick on the edge of the goal area. Hussein stepped up to equalise again!! Game on. Eventually, the passing and movement that we know the boys can play brilliantly but had been missing for much of the day now returned. After a good run and cross by Isaac, Harry swivelled in the box and scored to take the lead 4-3 with still over 3 mins left. After some pressure from the opposition, Isaac broke playing a neat one-two with Harry and finshed calmly to extend the lead, which was sealed in the dying seconds as Isaac gained possession on the edge of our own box and sprinted the length of the pitch to score.

Final Score: 6-3 to the Snowys. Overall, this was well deserved for the boys after a very good league season had ended in disappointment.

The team now head to the East Midlands Regional Futsal Finals st Nottingham Trent University on Sunday 20th May aiming for a place in the FA National Finals in Birmingham in late June.

Well done to all the boys and a big thank you to all the support from parents, grandparents, siblings, as well as the Eagles players and parents who stayed to cheer us on in the final.

Player of the Day: The whole team

Goals Scorers: Isaac (3), Hussein (3), Mat, Harry

Oadby Owls Snowys 0 Hinckley United Reds 1 - 11th March 2012 (League)

Title Hopes Shattered By Last Gasp Winner

Oadby Snowys suffered a probable fatal blow in the hunt for the title as outgoing champions Hinckley Utd Reds snatched a last gasp winner in a tight encounter.

With victory in their final two games the Snowys had a real chance of finishing as division one champions in their final year of mini soccer as they did in their first year. At a sunny Coombe Park though they found their recent current form had deserted them. In a very tight first half the away team were quicker to the ball, stronger in the tackle and although chances were few and far between the more dominant of the two sides. Three weeks ago during the first half at Beaumont, they seemed to suffer the same stage fright with the pressure on. George produced a fine reaction save from a close in volley and with Matt and Harry looking solid enough at the back it was the lack of creativity in the last 3rd that the Snowys were struggling with. Jaga was working tirelessly up front and had the only real chance of the half for us, but he snatched at the ball when well placed.

Half time 0-0

During the second period both sides cancelled each other out to a certain degree with both goalkeepers having little to do. As time was running out and it looked like the two sides would again have to settle for a draw with each other but Hinckley had better ideas. On a quick break down the left flank the Reds midfielder rifled a shot into the top corner from twenty five yards to score a winner that would grace any game. Well played to Hinckley despite having less to play for than the hosts, turned up and put in the type of performance that saw crowned unbeaten champions the previous year.

A disappointing end to the game for the Snowys, which leaves them needing to beat Beaumont next week and hope for results elsewhere for a chance to be league winners.

Whatever the outcome of next weeks match and the results elsewhere I have been very proud of the way the team has played all season and although the performance today was not at the level they have been playing since the turn of the year both Simon and I are pleased with the way they have developed. Today’s goal being only the second they have conceded since early December.

Player of the Day: Jaga Singh

Goals Scorers: N/A

Allexton Hawks 1 Oadby Owls Snowys 1 – 26th February 2012 (League)

Allexton Draw Leaves Snowys Fighting For Top Spot

A second consecutive draw against title hopefuls in a week has left the Snowys clinging onto top spot by their fingernails. The boys arrived full of hope after the previous days winning of the county Futsal tournament at Judge Meadow.

The Snowys started much the better and from the kick off Jaga broke clear only for his shot to strike the inside of the post with barely seconds on the clock. It was all Snowys for the first ten minutes, Jaga again came close following a cross by Hussein and was then unfortunate to block Alfie’s goal bound shot from the hawks line. Alfie was next to come close after wriggling free on the edge of the box after appearing to get the ball stuck under his feet. The home keeper coming out top on this occasion. As the half wore on the home side upped their game and began to pose a threat of their own but George was equal to the long shots at him.

The hawks were very unlucky not to equalise twice within a minute. First, a free kick thundered against the post and as the ball was half cleared it was lobbed back in to the danger area, it held up in the breeze and landed on top of the bar. This rattled the Snowys and for the next few minutes Allexton were on top with the Snowys panicking in possession and rushing clearances. This was very reminiscent of our first meeting but this time the boys managed to compose themselves to see the half out back on the front foot. As the minutes to half time ticked by the Snowys had a succession of corners and it was from one of these that the game turned on its head. Instead of playing the ball into the danger area a short corner to the edge of the box was intercepted by the Allexton forward who sprinted the length of the pitch to finish in great style with the last touch of the half.

Half Time 1-1

The boys were gutted at the break but unlike the home game against a very robust Allexton, the Snowys were not going to roll over this time. The second half was played out in a very tight manner. The Snowys coming close on a number of occasions with Jaga and Hussein unable to capitalise on fine crosses by both Harry and Isaac respectively. Isaac also had a shot that crept inches wide of the far post. It wasn’t all all Snowys though as Isaac, Harry and Matt all had to make fine blocks with the Hawks ready to hit the target. George also did well to hold a driven shot with the forward lurking for any scraps.

So another draw has left the title out of our hands for the first time this season, but with Beaumont and Allexton playing each other and our reverse fixture with Beaumont still to play, all is still to play for.

Player of the Day: Harry

Goals Scorers: Hussein

Leicestershire FA Futsal Tournament – 25th February 2012

Snowys put early setback behind them to become Futsal Kings

The Snowys entered the FA’s Futsal tournament, giving them a break from the rigours of the league. The emphasis for the boys was on enjoyment and trying to develop our pass and move football. As the tournament was five a side it was agreed that apart from George in goal the boys would be split into equal fours and would play a half a game each for all five games irrespective of the outcome. The Snowys got off the worst possible start by losing 2-1 to Barrow Hawks despite playing some great one touch football and having a massive majority of possession. Two quality strikes of the heavy ball though by the Barrow players were enough to turn the game on its on its head after Jaga’s early strike.

Goals by Hussein (2) Jaga and Jeva saw us beat out Tawnys in the next game and goals from Alfie and Hussein (2) saw us to a win against Mowbray Rangers. Barrow falcons were next up and a two nil victory led us to our final game against Highfields Rangers. A victory was needed as Highfields had won all and drawn one of their games. The Snowys were quickly on top and after good work by Alfie, Hussein smashed home the opener. The roles were reversed for the second as Hussein fed Alfie who skipped past three players to finish from a tight angle. With time running out, Highfields scored a fine goal which wasn’t to be enough and the Snowys topped the league.

Beaumont Pumas 0 Oadby Owls Snowys 0 – 19th February 2012 (League)

Stalemate At Beaumont Park Between The Top Two

The divisions top two sides met at a cold but sunny Beaumont Park. Both sides looking for the win that would put them as favourites for the title. Although Allexton will have a say in matters too.

The home side were the first to apply pressure on the Snowys defence. The Snowys seemed to very slow out of the blocks, losing many of the fifty fifty balls and looking sluggish all over the pitch. Whether the boys were over hyped for such a big game only they will know. Beaumont forced numerous corners and had plenty of the possesion but were unable to force George into any serious saves. Harry was on top of his game mopping up many of the long through balls for their speedy forwards to chase. As the half wore on the Snowys were getting more into the game and created a couple of half chances themselves that the Pumas keeper was comfortable with. The half ended 0-0 with the home side having the better of things.

Half time 0-0

After a half time chat the Snowys were much more into the game during the second period. A half of end to end intense football played by both sides that was a credit to both sides league position. The Snowys were now starting apply pressure of their own with the home side keeper and defence much the busier. Beaumont themselves were also looking very dangerous on the break with their direct style of play and the pace they have throughout the side. Jaga had the first real clear cut chance of the match after a mix up in the home defence left him racing clear on goal only for the home keeper to block his shot for a corner. Beaumont were next to come close. Following a scramble in the Snowys box, Adam’s last ditch clearance shot up and clipped the top of his own bar. It was the home sides goal that was next to be threatened. Hussein’s freekick was pushed out from under the bar by the home keeper only for Alfie to be crowded out at the foot of the post in the following melee. As the game swung from end to end in the final minutes, both sides had a guilt edged chance to win it. Hussein had the first chance for the Snowys as the ball broke to him around twelve yards out only to see his first time shot wedge between the keepers legs when a shot either side would have gone in. The Pumas had their chance when they had a two on one break only for the final ball to be played inches too far for in rushing striker.

As the final whistle went both sides seemed to agree that a draw was a fitting result for such a high quality match, played with the style and commitment you would expect from two sides with a realistic chance of becoming division one champions.

Man of the match was given to whole squad today as they all gave everything for each other, especially after the indifferent start to the match we had. Great character was shown by all as the Snowys completed their fifth clean sheet on the trot since the turn of the year.

Player of the Day:The whole squad 

Goals Scorers: N/A

Groby Juniors 0 Oadby Owls Snowys 2 – 29th January 2012 (League)


Oadby Owls Snowys continued their recent good form with a very hard fought and clinical display against a very good Groby side. With the chasing pack all continuing to take points off each other, points in the bag is giving the boys a bit of breathing space.

The game started an hour late to give the slight frost time to clear although by kick off the conditions were near perfect.

The first half was a very hard fought affair which was quite end to end. The Snowys had the first chance with Hussein trying his luck from distance only for the ball to drift over the crossbar. Jaga then produced a stunning save from the home keeper as he turned the goal bound drive away from the top corner. The game was beginning to switch from one end to the other. Two Groby corners flashed across the Snowy goal, with no takers. George was called into action from a long range effort. At the other end Isaac had a cross shot which landed on top of the bar and Jaga had a snap shot drift wide. A good half by both sides, which somehow ended goalless.

Half time 0-0

After a quick pep talk about keeping playing as they are, being more clinical in front of goal and to summon all our efforts and we should be ok.

Oadby started the second half in charge and were soon on the attack. From a corner Matt missed a good chance when free at the far post and Jaga fired wide when well placed. We didn’t have to wait long for the opener though as Jaga fired home from the edge of the area after the boys had closed down and won the ball from a Groby goal kick.

Hussein doubled the lead soon after with a superb finish from the edge of the box himself. Chasing a through ball, he looked second favourite but hit the ball first time in his stride to leave the Groby keeper helpless.

Groby tried their best to get back into the game and forced George into a great one on one stop with Harry mopping up the loose ball. Alfie came close to settling the game twice in close succession. First he beat the keeper following an Isaac cross only for the Groby defender to clear off the line. From corner a minute later he had dropped deep to pick up any clearances but as all the players rushed into the box Isaac rolled the corner outside the box for him to run on to and he lashed a drive just wide of the upright.

With five or six minutes to go it was a case of keeping what we had, keeping our shape and closing down any Groby attacks. All the players did this and have done now for a number of weeks, which has coincided with our good run.

Man of the match could have gone to almost anyone today but Matt shaded it on his return from injury with an all action display, setting an example as skipper witch his team mates followed.

Beaumont Town next up and with Allexton and Hinckley also playing each other the same day, things are really hotting up at the business end of the season.

Thanks again to the parents for changing their plans due to the frost.

Player of the Day: Matt

Goals Scorers: Jaga and Hussein

Oadby Owls Snowys 3 Woodgate Lions 0 – 15th January 2012 (League)


The Snowys continued their good form with a comfortable win against Woodgate Lions. With the game put back four hours due to the heavy frost, the morning started on a sour note as captain and talisman Matt was ruled out through injury. Woodgate arrived at Coombe Park full of confidence after previous wins against Beaumont and Allexton.

Hussain was given the role of filling Matt’s centre midfield birth to see if he could add some steel to all his tricks and fancy footwork and a fine job he did too.

The Snowys were on the attack from the off and were soon ahead with Isaac finishing off a passing move between Jaga, Hussein and Alfie. It was all Snowys at this stage as Woodgate were struggling to clear their lines as the defrosting pitch was becoming very heavy. With Harry marking the lion’s danger man, Jeva was picking up every clearance and picking his passes to wingers Alfie and Isaac. Jaga made it two midway through the half as he side footed home an Alfie cross after the winger had played a neat one two with Hussain. There were to be no more goals in the first half although Alfie hit a post with the goal at his mercy and Hussain hit the near post direct from a corner.

Half time 2-0

Alfie was replaced at the break with Adam slotting in at the back and Jeva moving to midfield as the little winger was tiring in the heavy conditions.

Woodgate started the second half much better and were on top for opening period forcing a couple of dangerous corners. It was from one of these corners that the Snowys wrapped the game up. Adam blocked the corner at the near post, fed Jaga up the right. Hussain picked the ball up in the centre who switched it to Isaac on the left. His pass was into to path of Jeva who raced clear and slotted home. A great team goal from one end to the other involving five of the six outfield players. The rest of the game was seen out with the Snowys making series of changes to try and keep fresh legs. Not to be left out of a great team effort, the one time the Lions danger man got some space George pulled off a fine save tipping his drive round the post.

Another good performance from the boys again and thanks to the parents for altering their plans at short notice due to the heavy frost.

Player of the Day: Jeva

Goals Scorers: Isaac, Jaga and Jeva

Ratby Foxes 0 Oadby Owls Snowys 5 – 8th January 2012 (League)


Oadby Snowys started the new year with a victory that has taken them to the top of division one, albeit with our closest rivals having games in hand.

After the Christmas break and with the all the sides around us not in league action only a victory would do to put the pressure on the rest.

The Snowys started poorly and although we were creating chances we were looking far from comfortable in defence. On a small pitch, the Ratby keeper’s drop kicks were proving a potent weapon. On ten minutes we had two major scares whilst the game was goalless. First following a corner George pounced to collect a ball from off the goaline following a scramble from a corner. This buoyed Ratby and from their following attack, they struck the far post. On twelve minutes Hussein changed the game on its head with a sublime chip that dipped in off the crossbar. That goal seemed to settle the Snowys and from then on it was one way traffic, as the Ratby boys heads seemed to drop a little. Jaga continued his current goal scoring run with a fine finish racing on to his twin brothers pass, holding off the defender and slotting the ball into the corner. Nice for the twins on their birthday.

Half time 0-2

The second half got underway and the snowys were rampant. Alfie, Mat and Isaac in midfield were beginning to pass the ball around and stretch the match and with Hussein moving forward to give Jaga a rest, causing allsorts of problems with his movement and pace. Goals three and four soon came. First Mat volleyed home a corner and Isaac bundled home from a Hussein cross. It was begining to look like the Snowys were going to run away with things but credit to Ratby and especially their keeper the goal rush didn’t come. Time and time again the keeper pounced on through balls, blocked shots and pushed out dangerous looking corners. On a couple of times he was beaten, the Ratby defence were back to clear on the line. It was Hussein that capped a fine individual performance with the final goal of the game as he rounded the excellent keeper to slot into the empty net.

Player of the Day: Hussein

Goals Scorers: Hussein (2), Jaga, Mat and Isaa

Wigston United Warriors 2 Oadby Owls Snowys 3 – 11th December 2011 (League)

Snowys Plough Through The Mud To Secure Victory.

The Snowys won their final game of the year to keep the pressure on the top of the table with a very hard fought win against a good Wigston side on an absolute glue pot of a pitch.

For the first time this season the Snowys had a full squad of nine to play against Wigston Warriors, with Isaac back from his broken arm and chomping at the bit to make up for lost time.

The Snowys as usual were the first to show and forced Wigston onto the back foot. Matt had a snap shot which the keeper fumbled and there were no takers for the rebound. It was all Oadby at this stage and they promptly took the lead as a trademark through ball from Alfie set Jaga away to loft the ball over the keeper to score in of the post. The Snowys continued to press for a second but were undone on the break as a mistake by George let Wigston score with Their first attack. Unlucky for George as his fine previous form had earned him an appearance the day before for Leicester City’s development side.

The Snowys took this on the chin and went back in search of the lead and were rewarded when Hussain fired in a cross which broke loose leaving Matt and Alfie to argue over the scraps. The skipper being the quickest to stroke the bal home.

Half Time 1-2

The half time team talk was all about our desire to win in tight games as that has sometime been our greatest downfall. Isaac came on for Hussain and Adam slotting in for at the back for Jeva. It was Wigston though who got their famed passing game going from the restart, which was going to put our words to the test. The home side began to exert some real pressure and were rewarded with an equaliser midway through the half. Changers were made as Hussain and Jeva came back on for Jaga and Alfie who had run themselves into the ground, That extra bit of energy proved decisive as first Hussain rattled the bar from twenty five yards and then broke away to feed matt who finished superbly into the top corner for the winner.

Overall a fantastic win for the boys against very good opposition. It was nice for myself and Simon to see the boys grind a result out through hard work a discipline when it was needed. Hopefully a valuable lesson learned that sometimes you can win games through sheer determination and hard work as well as quality football.

Well done boys and a Happy Christmas to you all

Player of the Day: Jaga Singh

Goals Scorers: Jaga and Matt (2)

Hinckley Reds 2 Oadby Owls Snowys 2 – 20th November 2011 (League)

Honours Even at the Greene King!

On a foggy morning at the Greene King stadium in Hinckley, the points were shared between two very competitive and well matched sides. Having spoken to the Reds manager before the match about how competitive the division is this year and the unbelievable thing that there has been no draws, ‘yep along comes a draw’

The game started fairly even with both sides probing for an opening. The lone Hinckley striker was working tirelessly to stop the Snowys building from the back which was causing some hurried passing. It was the Snowys who broke the deadlock after five minutes as Alfie slid a through ball to Hussain who bundled the ball home at the second attempt after the keeper had made a smart stop from the original one on one. Hinckley came straight back at Oadby and were on top as they searched for an equaliser, with their central midfield player pulling the strings. George was keeping a cool head in goal producing a save from a long shot and fielding a couple of tricky crosses. The equaliser came midway through the half from a corner which was bundled home from close range. Disappointing from our point of view as Hinckley always seem to score corners against us which prompted us to work on it prior to this game at training. With the quality of the delivery from the Reds skipper though, it is very difficult to stop. On a high from this goal, the reds soon went ahead as a right wing cross was volleyed home at the far post. The rest of the half was played out pretty with very few openings.

Half time 2-1

After a few home truths at half time and a bit of a pep talk the boys started the second half on the front foot as it was Hinckley’s turn to try and defend the lead. The Snowys were now on top but it was the Reds who nearly sealed things as they struck the post on the break with the follow up being well saved by George. Harry was leading the fight back as he snapped into tackles and drove the rest of the side on. Midway through the half Jaga produced a superb finish. He was put through the centre from a Matt pass but as the speedy Reds was catching him with every stride he decided to shoot early rifling an unstoppable drive into the top corner. Oadby were now on top and looking for the winner. Matt had a long ranger drift over, Alfie cut in on the left to see his curling cross drift right across goal with only a touch needed and Jaga headed over late on from a Hussain cross. A late nervous moment came as again Hinckley’s corner master produced a dangerous ball in which George palmed away from under his bar.

Overall a fair result and a good game between two of the counties best and most successful sides. Hinckley shading the first half with the Snowys on top in the second.

Player of the Day: Harry Washington

Goals Scorers: Hussain and Jaga

Oadby Owls Snowys 3 Ratby Foxes 0 – 13th November 2011 (League)

Snowys Back To Winning Ways!

After the disappointment of last weeks loss, it was important for the boys to get back to winning ways. Although the performance was below the standards we have set ourselves in previous weeks, the score line flattered the visitors.

Hussain was the first with a chance as he burst through only for the Foxes stand in stopper to save with his feet. Alfie was next to test the Ratby defence as his shot cannoned back off the crossbar. Hussain was again thwarted by The Foxes keeper as the Snowys couldn’t find the breakthrough. Frustration was beginning to set in as it again seemed like ‘one of the days’. With half time approaching though it was Hussain that broke the deadlock with a trademark curling free kick into the roof of the net.

Half Time 1-0

With Harrys ankle still not right and Isaac still with a light cast on his arm, the snowys again had to make do with no options on the bench. The second half was much the same as the first. Snowys pressure and the inspired Foxes keeper seeming to be a magnet to the ball. Hussain and Jaga both hit the side netting with the goal begging, Alfie had a diving header flash wide. Alfie again thought he had scored with a looping volley that seemed destined for the top corner, only for the keeper to get a finger tip on it. With one goal never enough in football we needed at least one more to settle the nerves and we got two in quick succession midway through the half. Jeva burst through to drive the second home and Hussain got his second and the Snowys third with a fine finish into the top corner. There were to be no more goals although no lack of chances and near misses. Credit to the Ratby side who never gave up and a special mention to the stand in keeper who was inspired.

So the boys got the win they needed but now have to start taking a lot higher percentage of the chances they create. With the league being so tight between the top five or six sides and the majority of games being close affairs one chance can make all the difference.

Player of the Day: Alfie Bexon

Goals Scorers: Hussain (2) and

Oadby Owls Snowys 3 Allexton Hawks 4 – 6th November 2011 (League)

Snowys Blow Chance To Go Top!

What a difference a result makes. With ten minutes gone in this game the Snowys were sitting pretty and heading for top spot in a very competitive and close league. What conspired in the next 30 minutes left us down in 6th position.

Against the league leaders Allexton, the Snowys were set to continue their current good form and raced into an early two goal lead. First up Jaga swept home a superb volley after a sweeping move down the right involving Jeva, Mat and Hussain. Things got even better a minute later when Mat shot home from twenty five yards with the ball dipping late over the Allexton keeper. With our usually reliable defence and Harry back from injury, things were looking up and the visitors were heading for their first defeat of the season. They were however to show us why they have had such a good start to the season. Allexton got back into the game when the Snowys gifted them two goals in quick succession. Firstly a free header from a corner and secondly the unfortunate George spilling a cross for the Allexton striker to sweep home the equaliser.

Half Time 2-2

After the break it was the resurgent Hawks who seemed to want the win the game more than the Snowys. Buoyed by their comeback in the first half they were winning the majority of 50/50 balls and were proving more than a physical match for the shell-shocked Snowys side. The visitors completed the turnaround as their star performer in midfield fired home from distance. As the Snowys tried to respond and get an equaliser of their own they were beginning to lose shape and all the good football they had been playing in recent weeks seemed to be lost. Allexton used this to their advantage and went 4-2 up with around five minutes to go, with a fine individual goal. It wasn’t all over though as, Hussain reduced the deficit to one with a fine curling free kick in to the top corner. It wasn’t to be enough though as the visitors ran out the victors.

Full Time 3-4

This was a wake up call for the Snowys who must realise that they have to stand up and be counted as pretty football doesn’t always win football matches. Despite a fantastic start to the match. The visitors proved that grit, determination and some skill thrown in for good measure is what is needed in these tight high level games. The boys were beaten today by a more aggressive and streetwise side who also possessed a fair amount of skill of their own. With the league so tight between the top six sides, a win and a good performance next week in our rearranged Ratby game and we can be back up to second and hopefully take today’s game as a lesson. Remember boys this one result doesn’t make you a bad side over night.

Player of the Day: Jaga

Goals Scorers: Jaga, Matt and Hussain

Oadby Owls Snowys 0 Heather St John 1 – 30th October 2011 (County Cup)

Gallant Snowys Knocked Out In Cup Thriller!

In a fantastic match that could have graced the final, The gallant Snowys were beaten 1-0 by Heather. We new the game was going to be a very tough one against one of the pre tournament favourites. Yet again the injury cursed season reduced us to only seven fit players.

The Snowys started the brighter of the two sides forcing three quick corners all which flashed across goal just needing a touch. Although the boys continued to press but could easily be undone by some very dangerous breaks from a quicker Heather side. Alfie came close to breaking the deadlock midway through the half as he rounded the keeper only to be forced wide and then crowded out. Jeva headed a corner wide as the supporters thought it was in.

Half time 0-0

As the second half Started Heather began to mount a wave of attacks as their very quick midfielders began to take a grip on the game. It was from one of those quick attacks that the winner came. A scramble in the box was side footed into the top corner by the Heather winger. With ten minutes to go and find an equaliser the boys dug deep and put Heather under immense pressure. Their keeper pulling off a great save to deny Hussain. Hussain then headed wide when for once the keeper was beaten. With the minutes racing by, Oadby were piling forward and were nearly made to pay on the counter attack the Heather striker forced George into a flying save as he pushed the ball wide from a shot destined for the top corner.

In the last minute Jaga had a guilt edged chance as he wriggled free in the box only for the keeper to pull off another great save, this time with his foot. That save caused an almighty scramble in the box with Heather players bravely blocking shot after shot. The ball finally breaking to Hussain who lashed it over.

Full time 0-1

Overall disappointment for the boys as their cup dreams are over for another year but both myself and Simon spoke to them at length after expressing how proud of them we were in their effort, work rate and desire to play football the way they play.

Matt Potts was player of the day from central midfield as he battled across every blade of grass on the pitch against what was arguably the strongest midfield we have come up against.

Player of the Day: Matt Potts

Goals Scorers: N/A

Oadby Owls Snowys 3 Groby Juniors 1 – 9th October 2011 (League)

Magnificient Seven Come From Behind To Defeat Groby!

Due to injuries, the Snowys were again reduced to seven fit players to tackle much fancied and tough tackling Groby. All seven stood up to the plate and produced a fine winning performance despite going behind against the run of play.

The Snowys were on the attack from the off in a high tempo encounter, coming close from a number of corners and a couple of free kicks. Against the run of play though it was Groby who took the lead. After a fine double save by George. The resulting corner finding the net after the Snowys failed to clear. Despite this, the boys continued to press and were rewarded from a corner of their own as Adam volleyed home for his first goal from open play in five years. Things were to get better soon after as the pressure told. The Groby stopper spilling a Matthew crosses for Jaga to smash home. For the remainder of the half the Snowys continued to press playing some neat football and spreading the play to all parts of the pitch.

Half Time 2-1.

With the no subs and the game being played a very high tempo, the boys were asked to keep up the effort for the next twenty minutes and that’s exactly what they did. With the wind, it was the Snowys who looked the more likely to add to the scoring and the third goal soon came. Matthew fired in a shot which the keeper was unable to hold with Alfie crashing home the rebound. There were to be no further goals but there were a number of close calls as the seven gallant Snowys continued to press. Hussain rattled the bar from thirty yards, the Groby centre back produced a great clearing header from under his own crossbar and Alfie volleyed wide from another corner. At the other end George produced another fine save, tipping wide and we had a scare as Groby hit the post with Matt clearing the rebound off the line.

Overall, the boys deserve all the credit they get after today’s performance. With no subs and a fast paced game against one of the bigger stronger teams in the league, the boys dug in, fought for every ball as well as playing the type of football we have been trying to play all season. No player of the day today as it was all about the boys sticking together as a team and playing for each other. Which the did do to a man.

Well done Snowys

Player of the Day: All seven boys

Goals Scorers: Adam Bruce, Jaga and Alfie Bexon

Woodgate Tigers 1 Oadby Owls Snowys 2 – 2nd October 2011 (County Cup)

Sluggish Snowys Crawl into Round 3!

Oadby Snowys did just enough to reach round three of the county cup at the expense of Woodgate Tigers.

The boys were expected to cruise past the lower league Tigers but were made to struggle in the stifling heat.

The boys got off to a great start with Jaga scoring a quick fire double to put us two up within the first five minutes. With continued pressure it looked as though we would go on to match the big win from the previous round, but things never, then the boys took their foot off the gas and were unable to pick things up again in the heat. Looking very comfortable the boys were still creating lots of chances and good situations but the general malaise that was spreading through the team produced finishing and final balls that were sloppy. Time and time again shots were being flashed wide and over and passes were being misplaced.

Woodgate, to their credit never gave up and the Snowys were given a late scare when the home side pulled a goal back with a fine finish from the edge of the box.

On the whole the boys did just enough to progress to the next round, but with some big league games coming up and tougher cup encounters ahead, the boys need to work hard and get back to how they have been playing in previous weeks.

Player of the Day: Adam Bruce

Goals Scorers: Jaga (2)

Snowys Do The Double Over Leicester City

The Snowys were invited by Leicester City to play two games against Leicester City’s Development squad and came out on top in both matches.

The boys turned up in an excited mood with the chance to pit their wits against some of the counties top players. The team talk was simple. Play the football that you have been trying to play all season, work hard for each other, prove that you are as good as those in the academy and most of all enjoy yourselves. As the City players emerged from the changing rooms in full city kit, the boys were up for it and ready to go.

Game one

As game one started, the Snowys were immediately on top forcing a succession of corners. Both sides as you would expect were trying to play some neat passing football and the game was end to end. After a couple of half chances for Hussain and Alfie the City boys started to show. George was forced to make a couple of smart saves as well as clawing a vicious in swinging corner from under his bar. His best save was next to come as he dived to the left to palm away a low drive. It looked like the follow up would be tapped in for the opener but harry threw his body on the line to make a vital clearance. The game was very evenly matched at this stage but the Snowys made the breakthrough after 15 minutes. A sweeping move from a right sided throw passed right through the midfield of Jeva, Mat out to Alfie on the right. His cross was missed by Jaga only for Hussaain to control neatly and slot into the corner of the net. Both sides had chances after that with George again making a couple of smart saves and Adam and Harry battling away at the back. Right on the whistle it was the Snowys who nearly doubled their lead as another Hussain shot was deflected towards the corner only for the City stopper to pull off a great save.

Full Time 1-0

Game 2

The boys started the second game in much the same vein as the first. Trying to play good attacking football as well as chasing everything when they were not in possession. This City team though seemed to be playing much more of a sharper passing game than the first and the boys were being pulled out of shape sometimes. After some “friendly encouragement and advice” from the sidelines the boy regained their shape and began to play some good stuff themselves. It was though, the City who took the lead with a fine finish from their striker as the George for once was beaten. Would heads drop? would we go chasing the game? We thought. Not today, the boys were enjoying it too much and through keeping their shape and continuing to pass and move the equaliser was soon to follow. Jaga followed up a blocked shot to slot into the top corner. Much like the first game both sides could have added to the score, but it was the Snowys who struck the winner. After another sweeping move a shot by Jeva was palmed away causing panic in the City defence. The ball was not cleared properly Alfie turned the ball to Jaga who gleefully slammed the ball into an unguarded net.

Full time 2-1

Player of the Day: George Rawlings

Goals Scorers: Jaga (2) and Hussain

Woodgate Lions 1 Oadby Owls Snowys 2 – 25th September 2011 (League)

The Snowys got their first league win of the season with a hard fought 2-1 win away at Woodgate. On a terrible bobbly pitch, the boys showed both sides of their game. The first half was constant pressure on the Woodgate goal as the boys passed the ball at will, playing Woodgate off the park. The second half showed their ability to dig deep, battle and play for each other as Woodgate began to get back into the game and assert pressure of their own.

The game began with Oadby on top. Mat twice fired wide, Alfie rifled one over and Jaga was crowded out on a couple of occasions when looking certain to score. After a succession of corners the Snowys took the lead, as Mat powered in a header which was cleared on the line only for the ball to fall to Jaga who smashed the ball into the net from close range. It was looking like two as Oadby continued to push forward. The Woodgate keeper producing a fantastic save, tipping a Jaga pile driver over the bar. The game turned with a couple of minutes to go in the first half. Firstly Hussain was denied the goal of the season after his volley struck the bar after a superb curling cross from Alfie. A moment later the Snowys were hit with a sucker punch as Woodgate broke away on the counter attack. A fine finish from their danger man made the scores level at the break. Hardly what the boys deserved after a great half of football.

Half Time 1-1

With their tales up from the equaliser and the Snowys still asleep after the half time break, Woodgate began to apply pressure of their own. George produced a fine save tipping the ball round the post and Adam and Harry looked in commanding form as the pressure was soaked up. In midfield Hussain had a fine full debut on the left of Midfield, Mat was as solid as ever in the centre and Alfie seemed to be everywhere on the right. As the second half wore on, the boys got back to playing how they had started the game and began to take control again, creating chances of their own again. It was a corner again that got the Snowys the winner. After another perfect delivery from Hussain it was Jaga who again was first to the ball following a scramble to smash home his second of the match.

A great way to get our league campaign up and running, with the team showing skill, teamwork as well as commitment and determination. Alfie won player of the day after a unanimous vote due superb hard work down the right flank both in attack and defence although all eight players today emerged with great credit.

Player of the Day: Alfie Bexon

Goals Scorers: Jaga

Barrow Town Falcons 0 Oadby Owls Snowys 9 – 11th September 2011 (County Cup)

Division one Snowys lined up as big favourites against division seven Barrow Falcons. The boys put in a very thorough and professional performance against a team that were a credit to themselves, as their heads never dropped despite heavy pressure and a constant flow of goals. On a very small pitch the boys were told to concentrate on passing, moving and keeping the ball, which in fairness they did very well. Despite a few close calls it wasn’t until halfway through the first half until the deadlock was broken. After a teasing cross from Isaac, the ball was poked home by Jaga from close range. Goals two and three both came soon after as Mat smashed two goals from the edge of the area, one with either foot. Despite constant pressure for the rest of the half, the Barrow lads kept battling away and putting in block after block.

Half Time – Barrow 0 Snowys 3

The second half started much the same, with pressure and chances being created. Hussain was on for Jaga for his debut and was soon among the goals. He poked home from the edge of the area for his first after a great move started by George in goal who rolled the ball to Adam who went on a run exchanging passes with Alfie and Mat before sliding the ball in for the clinical Hussain. Mat then scored his third and fourth of the match, with two great strikes again one with each foot. The Snowys were rampant now and Alfie side footed the ball home after super one two between Isaac and Hussain, with Isaac providing a pin point cross. Hussain made it eight from a near post cross and Harry rounded things off with cracker for his first Snowys goal.

Despite the feeling that the boys might start to get a bit greedy and go in search of their own goals, we were proved wrong as they continued to try and play a passing game which produced some great team goals.

Well done boys. Into the hat for round two.

Player of the Day: Matt Potts

Goals Scorers: Matt (4), Hussein (2), Alfie, Harry and Jaga

Oadby Owls Snowys 0 Wigston United Warriors 1 – 4th September 2011 (League)

A disappointing start to the season for the new look Snowy’s side against Wigston Utd Warrriors (our old rivals Studs). With only 7 available players we knew the game would be tough and tiring against a team that like to play the ball around and make you chase the play. Although Wigston played the ball well there was no end product as Alfie deputising for George was never tested in goal during the early exchanges. It was the Snowys that were creating and somehow missing the chances during the first period. Isaac put in fantastic teasing cross that was well cut out by the Warriors keeper. Jaga had a couple of shots saved. During a scramble the ball was cleared on the line with the follow up striking the post as the ball wouldn’t go in. On the stroke of half time the Snowys thought they had taken the lead as the referee blew as the ball crossed the goaline causing a moments confusion as to whether goal stood or it was half time. The second half was much more of a stretched game as the attack and midfield of Jaga, Jeva, Mat and Isaac chased and harried the Wigston passing a movement. Harry and Adam at the back continued to look secure at the back and Alfie was often alert playing a sweeping role to snuff out any through balls. The game turned Wigston’s way mid way through the half as the away side took the lead through a long range free kick that found the top corner. After that the boys continued to try and get back in the game, to no avail. A few more chances were made and squandered as Wigston looked to hit the Snowys on the break. Alfie producing a smart one on one block to keep us in the game. On the stroke of full time Jaga had one final chance to snatch an equaliser, as he raced clear only see his finish superbly saved by the keeper as he pushed the ball up and over the bar only to see the ball land on top of the net.

Overall, the boys worked their socks off against a team that play football the way we aspire them to play. With no subs the boys tired and with a bit of luck and a lot more composure in front of goal, the result could easily have been reversed.

Player of the Day: Alfie Bexon

Goals Scorers: N/A

Pre- Season Fixtures




Play Against


Game Type

14/08/2011 10:00 Ratby Foxes Away Friendly
21/08/2011 09:30 FC Highman Away Massey Ferguson Tournament
21/08/2011 10:30 Banbury United Away Massey Ferguson Tournament
21/08/2011 11:00 Massey Ferguson Away Massey Ferguson Tournament
21/08/2011 11:30 Fc Khalsa Away Massey Ferguson Tournament
21/08/2011 12:10 Chapfields Colts Away Massey Ferguson Tournament Q/F
21/08/2011 12:35 Banbury United Away Massey Ferguson Tournament S/F
23/08/2011 18:45 Melton Foxes Away Friendly





Play Against


Game Type

04/09/2011 10:30 Wigston United Warriors Home League
11/09/2011 10:30 Barrow Town Falcons Away County Cup
25/09/2011 10:30 Woodgate Lions Away League
26/09/2011 16:30 Leicester City Development A   Invitation
26/09/2011 17:15 Leicester City Development B   Invitation
02/10/2011 10:30 Woodgate Tigers Away County Cup
09/10/2011 10:30 Groby Juniors Blues Home League
30/10/2011 10:30 Heather St John Home County Cup
06/11/2011 10:30 Alleston Hawks Home League
13/11/2011 13:30 Ratby Foxes Home League
20/11/2011 10:30 Hinckley Reds Away League
11/12/2011 10:30 Wigston United Warriors Away League
08/10/2012 10:30 Ratby Foxes Away League
15/01/2012 10:30 Woodgate Lions Away League
29/01/2012 10:30 Groby Juniors Blues Away League
19/02/2012 10:30 Beaumont Pumas Away League
26/02/2012 10:30 Allexton Hawks Away League
11/03/2012 10:30 Hinckley Reds Home League
17/03/2012 12:30 Beaumont Pumas Home League