Under 16 Juniors

Team Photos

Home Kit

Away Kit

Manager: Sam Patel

Mobile: 07761 439629

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Assistant Manager: Anil Patel

Mobile: 07739 517121

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Leagues Official Website

The team play in the Leicestershire Youth League – Division 1

League Link


Blaby & Whetstone 1 Oadby Owls 2 – 4th March 2012 (League)

A miserable cold, wet Sunday afternoon and Oadby were away to Blaby & Whetstone FC in our tough return fixture. After last weeks defeat a lot was learnt regarding formation and tactics prior to kick-off. Oadby kicked up the slope and the first 10 minutes both teams traded tackles and was evenly matched until Harry Joyce chased down the ball twice to pinch the ball off the Blaby defender and with his trusty left foot lash the ball into the top corner from 20 yards out. It was a great start and filled the lads with confidence and carried on with the pressure. Kirpal Panacer was our stand in keeper for the day and he made some great saves and his handling was equally as good on a very tricky wet slippery surface. Harry worked very hard by himself upfront and again pinched the ball from the Blaby left-back and crossed a low cross to the far post where Frank Meakin came sliding in, but couldn't quite connect. Oadby soaked lots of pressure from Blaby who had lots of corners, but Oadby defended well. Oadby went into half-time 1-0 up and with the advantage of the slope to come.Blaby came out fighting and attacked the Oadby defence and on a few occasions managed to get behind our centre-backs, but to be foiled by Kirpal who was quick off his line. Within 10 minutes Harry slid in on a greasy wet surface with the Blaby full-back and which the referee deemed the tackle to be late and was given a straight red card!! Blaby were piling more and more pressure and Curtis Harding cleared a ball off the line and also Blaby hit the post and the luck seemed to be with Oadby. Blaby gained a corner where Oadby failed to clear at the far post and Blaby poked the ball over the line to make it 1-1. With 10 men Oadby did not sit back and attacked when we could and earned a free-kick mid-way into Blaby's half and Jake Wood delivered a dangerous ball into the six yard box where the ball fell to the feet of Frank Meakin who coolly slotted past the keeper to put Oadby 2-1 up within 5 minutes of Blaby scoring.Again Oadby were strong and determined not to concede and Blaby went close, but shot wide. Oadby attacked with Josh Ridley heading the ball into the keepers hands from a corner and Sam Smith went close when Tal Singh and Jake Wood combined from a throw-in near the corner flag and crossed just beyond the far post where Sam Smith came running in to volley wide. Chances also fell to Henry Soysa who chased down a back pass and a bit of confusion between the Blaby keeper and defender, but Henry poked wide! Jordan Powell also had a chance when he was put through on a one on one, but didn't manage to get the shot off before the Blaby defender tackled him. The referee played 8 minutes injury time and my nerves were twitching and I was willing him to blow the whistle and he eventually did, Phew!!!It was absolutely true gritty passionate performance that we deserved and I am very proud of the way you all stuck together and all stepped up when needed!! Brilliant lads and that's the spirit we need for the last 5 games.

Player of the Day: Kirpal Panacer

Goals Scorers: Harry Joyce and Frank Meakin

Oadby Owls 1 Blaby & Whetstone 3 – 26th February 2012 (League)

Today's game was against Blaby & Whetstone who seem to be the in form team and potentially could cause us problems with us not knowing much about them. Blaby from the first 5 minutes meant business putting strong tackles in winning lots of first and second balls. This in turn caused Oadby problems with trying to regain possession. Blaby seemed sharper and played a short passing game and also had a very quick right-winger who caused alot of problems dribbling around the Oadby tackles. Blaby took the lead on 20 minutes and went into half-time in control. With a few positional changes Oadby started the second half brightly and within 10 minutes Tal Singh ran at the Blaby left-back and delivered a pin-point cross with the oncoming Harry Joyce volleying the ball into the top corner of the goal. Oadby were back in the game and had the upper hand and carried on putting pressure on with Sam Smith skipping past 2 players and shooting into the keepers arms. Curtis Harding was keeping the quick right-winger at bay, but as Curtis closed the winger down he got a lucky bounce of the ball and in turn he cut inside and spread the ball out to the left and he carried on running and the ball was crossed in and he side footed the ball into the net to put Blaby 2-1 up. An Oadby substitution saw Frank Meakin on and within 5 minutes Harry put Frank through on his weaker left foot, but still shot and the outstretched keeper's leg denied him of an equaliser. Oadby kept pushing and a great move from Danny Keogh who made an over-lapping run and Sam Smith rolled the ball in for Danny to cross a dangerous ball into the box which caused confusion in the Blaby penalty area, but they managed to clear. With 10 minutes to go Blaby made another attack down the left wing where a cross came in and Blaby headed in to make the final score 3-1. Blaby & Whetstone were the better side who played with a lot of passion and really wanted to win more. Next week's game is the return fixture at Blaby and a lot of tactical changes need to be made and hopefully we will come away with 3 points.

Player of the Day: Adam Fletcher-Warrington

Goals Scorers: Harry Joyce

Barrow Town 1 Oadby Owls 2 – 19th February 2012 (League)

On a cold fresh, sunny February afternoon Oadby travelled to 2nd place Barrow Town knowing that 3 points was a must. It was an even first 20 minutes with lots of tackles being exchanged in midfield, but without any real clear-cut chances. Oadby were kicking into the sun and at times the high balls caused a few problems. On 25 minutes Oadby half cleared the ball and Sam Smith battled hard to win the ball back and in turn passed the ball inside to Jamie Hawksley who lofted a perfect ball over the Barrow back four for Harry Joyce to latch onto and poke past the oncoming Barrow keeper to put Oadby 1-0 before half-time.A few tweaks at half-time in the positional sense ironed out a few problems and Oadby started the second half brightly with the sun behind them and this time Barrow had the problem to deal with. Some great tackling from Jake Wood, Jamie Hawksley and Charlie Patel kept Barrow at bay. Midway through the half Jake Wood slotted a pin-point ball through to Harry who was clean through, but unfortunately got the ball stuck between his feet and the chance passed. Oadby kept pressing down the right wing from Tal Singh and Sam Smith. On the 25 minute mark Harry had the ball at his feet and turned to see Sam making a run through onto 18 yard box with a first time shot that was perfectly placed into the bottom right corner to put Oadby 2-0 up with 15 minutes to go.Barrow didn't give up and kept putting pressure on the Oadby defence and with a rare attack the centre forward made a run into the box and evaded the first tackle, but managed to earn a penalty when he went over a out stretched leg. The penalty was clinically finished to make it 2-1 and a tense last 10 minutes. Oadby held firm to close off the game and gain valuable ground on the teams above. Well done lads after a 2 week break, but a double header against a rejuvenated Blaby & Whetstone could be a potential banana skin? So watch out!!!

Player of the Day: Curtis Harding

Goals Scorers: Harry Joyce and Sam Smith

Oadby Owls 4 Thurmaston Magpies 1 – 22nd January 2012 (League)

A very blustery Sunday afternoon was always going to be a challenging game to battle with the elements. Oadby won the toss and elected to kick up hill and against the wind. A positive start from Oadby who had alot of possession, but not really carving out too many clear cut chances. With 25 minutes gone and Oadby battling hard and clearly causing problems down the right hand side with George Hart linking up with Sam Smith who in turn released Tal Singh and his pace to attack the Thurmaston full-back, but the final ball needed a bit more quality.On Oadby's next attack Jamie Hawksley put a perfect through ball for Harry Joyce to latch onto and on a one on one saw Harry shoot straight against the keeper. With 35 minutes gone Jake Wood chased down a lost cause and pressured the Thurmaston defender into bringing him down and earn Oadby a clear-cut penalty. Up stepped Jake Wood and who calmly rippled the net with an unstoppable penalty. Oadby went into half-time 1-0 and full of confidence.Thurmaston came out fighting (Literally!!) with lots of late tackles and off the ball antics to try a ruffle our feathers, but Oadby did not rise to their!! Such was the late tackles it earned Oadby a direct free-kick 30 yards out for Jake Wood to strike a thunderous free-kick with the wind and leaving the Thurmaston keeper stranded to put Oadby 2-0 up. Still Thurmaston kept putting late challenges and 10 minutes later Oadby seem to lose concentration and Thurmaston scored a scrappy goal to make the score 2-1. Oadby did not panic and kept playing football, keeping the ball well and working the flanks well. Oadby gained a corner and with a pin-point delivery from Jake for Rory Freeman to power his header home to make it 3-1. Oadby were still in control and 5 minutes later put the game game to bed with another great delivery from Jake causing panic amongst the Thurmaston defence to put the ball into their own net and the final score ended 4-1.Well done lads for keeping your discipline and not losing you heads against a team that clearly get frustrated with footballing teams. Also thanks for playing some great precise football which we will clearly need against the top team Coalville Town next week. It is a must win game so focus on that at training on Wednesday!! Well done again.

Player of the Day: Jake Wood

Goals Scorers: Jake Wood (2), Rory Freeman, Own Goal

Oadby Owls 4 Ibstock United 5 – 11th December 2011 (League)

Today's match was a very important in terms of getting back to winning ways after a run of 3 defeats and it was a test of characters. Having played Ibstock on the first day of the season i knew it was going to be a tough match. Unfortunately Oadby started very slowly and within 5 minutes Oadby gave away a soft free-kick midway into our half and Ibstock delivered a pin-point free-kick for Ibstock to slot home.Ibstock started on a high and again pushed for more goals, but our stand-in keeper Kirpal Panacer's handling was excellent. After 15 minutes Oadby settled down and started to get a foothold in the game. We earned our first corner and after a great delivery from Jake Wood there was a scramble and Tal Singh poked home to make it 1-1. The next 5-10 minutes was a great turn around and the second goal came from a free-kick which was cleverly flicked on by Curtis Harding and the oncoming Tal Singh read it perfectly and side footed into the net for 2-1. Minutes later Tal Singh broke on the right wing and used his pace to breeze past the Ibstock full-back and shoot into the corner of the net and make it 3-1. Up until this game Tal had not scored this season and today scored his first goal and go onto his first hat-trick within 15 minutes!!Ibstock re-grouped and struck back to make it 3-2. Again Ibstock seem to gain confidence and a great move down the left wing resulting with a low cross for the oncoming forward to finish the move with a low strike into the net to make it 3-3!! Oadby for the second week running gave away a 2 goal lead again. Oadby had 3 more chances to take the lead, but did not capitalise when Frank Meakin shot wide twice and was unlucky with his 3rd effort when he poked past the oncoming keeper and the ball seemed to take an eternity to cross the line and Ibstock cleared off the line.At half-time we knew a draw was not going to be enough to try and stay in touch with the leading teams. Ten minutes in the second half again Oadby gave away a silly free-kick midway into the half. Ibstock delivered another quality ball into the box that caught out the Oadby players and left them watching as an oncoming Ibstock player scored to make it 4-3. Now it was going to be tough and Oadby pushed and pushed for the equaliser and switched to 3 defenders at the back, but got caught on the break and Ibstock scored again and now it was 5-3. Oadby were not done yet and a great ball put Harry Joyce on a run down the right wing to cross low towards the far post and an oncoming Frank Meakin did not connect with the ball. Another chance saw Harry Joyce break free of the Ibstock defence, but shot inches wide of the post and another chance went begging! Oadby got a free-kick on the edge of the 18 yard box and Frank Meakin floated the ball accurately onto Adam Fletcher-Warrington's head to score, 5-4!! With minutes to go Oadby kept going, but ran out of time. Today was a day of missed chances and not looking after our lead again.Next weeks game is another physical encounter with Beaumont Town which is a must win game.

Player of the Day: Talvinder Singh

Goals Scorers: Talvinder Singh (3) and Adam Fletcher-Warrington

Coalville Town 3 Oadby Owls 2 – 4th December 2011 (County Cup)

This match was always going to be a tough and exciting game with both teams showing good form and was a chance to take note of strengths and weaknesses for upcoming league matches to follow. On a blustery cold December morning Coalville Town started really well and set the tone by attacking down the left wing and putting dangerous balls into the box, but some sound handling by Adam Fletcher-Warrington kept Coalville at bay. The first 20 minutes were played in the Oadby half, but some solid defending frustrated Coalville and completely against the run of play Oadby broke away on the first attack with Sam Smith cutting on from the left and slotting past the keeper to put Oadby 1-0 up.Oadby began to settle after weathering the storm and within 5 minutes Frank Meakin showed great foot-work on the left wing and drove into the box with a low hard cross at the near post for the keeper to turn the ball into the net off his foot. Now 2-0 up and still pressing for the all important 3rd goal to kill the game off Sam Smith had a great opportunity, but shot narrowly past the post. Oadby finished the half well on top and very comfortable.The second half Coalville pressed and pushed an extra attacker on, but still Oadby were resolute. Oadby gained a corner and from that the ball was cleared and Coalville broke quickly and managed to break into the box, but Oadby defended with Danny Keogh and Joshua Ridley and a poor clearance rolled to a Coalville player who shot into the roof of the net. Now 2-1 and Coalville really had the upper hand and Oadby had a mad 5/10 minutes where we let in another 2 goals to be trailing 3-2!!Oadby regained their composure and re-grouped and didn't stop trying to attack, but to no avail. A lesson to be learned today and hopefully will not happen again!

Player of the Day: Joshua Ridley

Goals Scorers: Sam Smith and Frank Meakin

Highfield Rangers 3 Oadby Owls 1 – 20th November 2011 (League Cup)

A very tough away fixture at Highfield Rangers was always going to be step up in level. Highfields started very quickly and dominated the midfield creating an early chance and Adam Fletcher-Warrington making a great save. Oadby had a chance to take the lead from a long throw-in from Jake Wood, but just eluded Sam Smith's head. Highfields were physically strong and quick and Oadby struggled to get a foot-hold on the game. Midway through the half Oadby gained a corner which Highfields defended well with a strong header out, it was immediately picked up by a Highfields defender who ran from his own box and side footed the ball into the net.Oadby were still in the game at 1-0 down at half-time, but needed to match Highfields in every department. We started well and for 15 minutes we looked evenly matched until some slack defending saw a poor clearance fall to a Highfields player on the edge of the box who shot and flew into the net. Now 2-0 down it was going to be a tall order, but this seem to make Oadby dig deep and within 10 minutes a threw ball from Frank Meakin put Harry Joyce clear and he calmly side footed the ball wide of the keeper to make it 2-1. Oadby gained some confidence, but Highfields broke quickly straight down the middle and Adam was wise to this and came out bravely to block a shot which struck him in the face and save a certain goal.With 10 minutes to go Highfields broke down the left wing and drove into the box and shot wide of Adam to kill off the game at 3-1. Oadby still battled on and didn't give up and went very close with a shot from Harry Joyce that just whistled over the bar. With a minute to go Oadby won a corner and was delivered in for Rory Freeman to climb the highest, but unfortunately hit the post. Oadby were beaten by the better team and will hopefully learn from this and take it into next weeks league fixture against Barrow Town in an important 6 pointer!! Well done lads.

Player of the Day: Joshua Ridley

Goals Scorers: Harry Joyce

Oadby Owls 3 Houghton Rangers 0 – 6th November 2011 (League)

Our first local derby against Houghton Rangers was always going to be a tough encounter with a lot of the lads going to college together and wanting bragging rights on Monday morning! The first half was very tight with very few chances for both teams and the only time Houghton looked dangerous was when they took long throw-ins. Tal Singh had a chance, but shot over the bar. From a Houghton corner Oadby defended well and caught Houghton on a quick break where Tal Singh picked the ball up midway in his own half and then skipped past 2 defenders down the right wing crossed low for Harry Joyce to shoot at the keeper. It was 0-0 at halftime.Oadby started the second half brightly with a long throw-in from Jake Wood and Houghton hesitated in the box and Harry Joyce reacted quickly, but hooked the ball over the bar. The longer the game went on it was going to be which team scored first would go on to win. On came Charlie Patel 15 minutes in at left midfield and made an immediate impact. Oadby attacked down the right wing with a ball being played inside to Harry who turned inside onto his trusty left foot and looked up and picked Charlie up making a run into the box with the oncoming 6ft 3'' Houghton keeper coming out, but Charlie got there first and lobbed the keeper from just inside the 18 yard box to give Oadby a 1-0 lead. Oadby began to gather pace and grow with confidence and 10 minutes later saw a through ball split the Houghton defence and Harry latched onto it a poked the ball through the oncoming Houghton keepers legs. Now 2-0 up and still pushing for another goal Joshua Ridley picked the ball up in his own half and with the outside of his right foot he saw Harry making a run on the left wing and again the Houghton keeper came out and Harry skipped past him and from a tight angle slot the ball into the net to make it 3-0.The Oadby defence were solid and fantastic today and Adam Fletcher-Warrington was hardly troubled, but his handling was excellent and kept a clean sheet. With 5 minutes to go Harry again ran onto a through ball towards the edge of the the 18 yard box on the left wing and the Houghton keeper came out to take Harry out and Oadby had a direct free-kick. Up stepped Jake who drilled the ball cleanly and looked destined for the corner, but the keeper made a great save to deny him. Oadby finished the game on a high and the Beauchamp boys couldn't wait for Monday morning!! We have a week off next week before a tough cup tie at premier division Highfield Rangers on the 20/11/11. Well done lads again and keep it going.

Player of the Day: Joshua Ridley

Goals Scorers: Harry Joyce (2) and Charlie Patel

Oadby Owls 3 Mowbray Rangers 2 – 30th October 2011 (County Cup)

Our visitors were Premier division Mowbray Rangers this afternoon who are managed by their long term manager Roger Wilson and over his 10 years has always has had well organised football teams. Another windy cross wind made conditions difficult and Jake Wood won the toss and decided to kick up the slope. I was determined that the lads gave a good account of themselves playing a team a league above them, with nothing to lose. Both teams started well with tackles flying in and competing in every area. Mowbray won a corner 20 minutes into the game and scored form a well practiced set-piece that was driven low into the near post where the oncoming Mowbray player side-footed the ball into the net. This knocked Oadby back for a few minutes after a solid start, but we had good chances from Frank Meakin who went close with his left foot shot over the bar and Harry Joyce breaking past the Mowbray back four but to shoot straight at the keeper.I was forced into a substitution 10 minutes before half-time with a head injury to Kirpal Panacer who went up bravely with a Mowbray player, but came off with a cut to his head. On came debutant Ouakari Diawra (Wak) at right midfield and George Hart dropped into right-back. At half-time we needed to try and get 1 goal back and I was convinced we could do that judging by the first-half chances. Oadby started well and attacking down the right-hand side and 10 minutes in Wak made a run down the right wing and crossing for Harry Joyce to knee/hip into the net. It was important Oadby kept the tempo up and did not sit back. Again Oadby went on the attack 20 minutes in, this time down the left wing with Henry Soysa thundering a unstoppable shot into the roof of the net to put Oadby 2-1 up and well on top. Mowbray were struggling with the pace and and 30 minutes in Wak received the ball on the right wing this time cutting inside and then checking back onto his favoured right foot and striking the ball into the bottom right-hand corner. Wow 3-1 up!!Oadby's back 4 were solid wining balls in the air and on the ground. Mowbray started to reorganise and looked dangerous with their long throw-ins, but Adam Fletcher-Warrington took the pressure off the defence by coming out to take the balls cleanly. A rare second half attack by Mowbray down the right-hand side who crossed low and Oadby failed to deal with it and Mowbray scored to make it 3-2 and make a very tense 1 minute feel like 30 minutes! We held on and for me today it was an outstanding team performance, but my captain Jake Wood gave me his best game today leading his team to an impressive victory! Well done lads, but back to league duty next week against Houghton Rangers which is our main objective this season.

Player of the Day: Jake Wood

Goals Scorers: Harry Joyce, Henry Soysa and Ouakari Diawara

Royce Rangers 1 Oadby Owls 5 – 23rd October 2011 (League Cup)

On a windy, sunny day Oadby travelled to Royce Rangers, Oakham in the 1st round of the League Cup. This could be a tricky fixture and proved to be in the first half. We kicked againstthe wind and knew we had to dig deep and defend the long balls coming in. Royce Rangers started positively packing the midfield and making it very difficult to win the ball back. It was 15 minutes into the game when Royce scored the first goal, when it seemed as though their attacker was tight on our goal-line and not going anywhere, but he managed to turn and shoot at our keepers near post. Oadby now realised this was going to be a fight and within 10 minutes a long from Sam Smith saw Frank Meakin chase down a ball that was a 50/50 with the Royce keeper who managed to just get to the ball before Frank, but the ball managed to bounce out to Harry Joyce who superbly volleyed the ball into the net to make it 1-1. Royce went onto the attack again and got a free-kick midway in the Oadby half and decided to drill the ball directly at goal and use the strength of the wind. The ball went into the box and the flag went up straight away for off-side, but the game carried on and Royce poked the ball into the net. The referee liased with the Oadby linesman and the goal was ruled out for off-side. We went into half-time all square and knowing that we had the wind with us, but we knew we had to be more physical and shoot on target when possible. Oadby started brightly and 10 minutes in Oadby were gifted a goal when Harry hopefully put a lofted ball high towards the Royce keeper who mis-judged the bounce and the ball rolled behind the keeper into the net!!This seem to settle us down and 5 minutes later Charlie Patel played a ball down the line to Jordan Powell who dribbled the ball down the left-wing and he lashed the ball across the goal into the top right-hand corner. Wow, what a goal or was it a cross?? It didn't matter because at 3-1 up and looking good. Royce had a couple of good opportunities, but fantastic goal keeping from Adam Fletcher-Warrington who came quickly of his line and save with his feet and palm away a great shot destined for goal. We managed to sustain the pressure and another break saw Frank Meakin side-foot the ball into the bottom left-hand corner. To round the round the game off Oadby had a free-kick just outside the box and some clever quick thinking from Curtis Harding who took a quick free-kick to Henry Soysa who slotted the ball away to finish the match at 5-1. Well done guy's and next week see's a tough County Cup fixture against Mowbray Rangers from the Premier Division who will be very sharp, physical and well organised. So watch out!!!

Player of the Day: Sam Smith

Goals Scorers: Harry Joyce (2), Frank Meakin, Jordan Powell and Henry Soysa

Thurmaston Magpies Juniors 0 Oadby Owls 1 – 9th October 2011 (League)

Back to league duty and Oadby had a tricky away trip to Thurmaston Magpies who were sitting bottom of the league and in a position we experienced last season, so this game was going to be very tough and Thurmaston would fight for every point! Thurmaston started very brightly and set the tempo of the game with some excellent passing and keeping the ball well, only for Oadby to chase the ball down. Thurmaston midfield seemed sharper, physically stronger and were always looking for the pass. After 20 minutes Oadby against the run of play had a rare chance fall to Tal Singh who ran onto a through ball from Harry Joyce, but to shoot narrowly wide. At half-time it was 0-0 and a substitution saw Frank Meakin come on at right midfield and make an immediate impact running at the Thurmaston left-back. Oadby started to take control of the second half and with another substitution Jordan Powell coming on at left midfield who started to run at the right-back and now we were causing problems down both wings. Thurmaston had there best chance when a mix up between two Oadby defenders saw the Thurmaston centre-forward break free only to shoot well wide of the Oadby goal!! This was a big let-off and with the final substitution saw Rory Freeman, Oadby centre-half come on as a make-shift centre forward with 15 minutes to go. Rory was causing problems with his pace where he cut in on the left hand side onto his right foot and just inside the 18 yard box he saw where the keeper was and placed the ball wide of the keeper heading for the top right hand corner, but only for the ball rebound from the underside of the crossbar.This wasn't the first, second, third or fourth time this had happened to Rory, so he must be scratching his head wondering what he needs to do to score?? With 10 minutes to go Oadby were still pushing for a win and won a corner which Jake Wood delivered a great ball towards the far post where Frank Meakin came coasting in, but his out stretched leg was not quite enough to steer the ball into the net. With 3 minutes remaining a good move starting with Charlie Patel at left back saw him pass the ball up the line to Jordan Powell who in turn went up the line and saw him pull the ball back to Harry Joyce shoot low to the keepers left who saved the ball, but spilled it for Frank Meakin to bundle the ball in at the far post with 2 Thurmaston defenders left on their backs! Oadby scrapped a victory, but full credit to Thurmaston who deserved at least 1 point. Well done guys, but harder games to come!!

Player of the Day: Jamie Hawksley

Goals Scorers: Frank Meakin>/

Ketton Juniors 0 Oadby Owls 1 – 2nd October 2011 (County Cup)

On a very sunny warm day Oadby travelled to Stamford to play a unknown Ketton Juniors side who play their football in the Peterborough league. It was always going to be a toughgame given the weather conditions. The pitch was hard and very bouncy which made everybody's first touch more important. Both teams started well, but it was 20 minutes before Oadby created a clear cut chance where George Hart latched onto a through ball from Harry Joyce, but shot wide. Ketton were strong in midfield, but created very little in chances due to a very solid defence who showed a lot of composure and played the ball out from the back. On the 30 minute mark Harry ran onto a through ball to coolly poke the ball into the corner of the net. Oadby went into half-time 1-0 up and the sun was beginning to make the players wilt.The second half was scrappy and Oadby stayed solid to the end with Sam Smith mopping up any danger and showing great stamina. Ketton had one last chance to equalise when they got a free-kick on the edge of the box with 1 minute to go. Up stepped the Ketton goal keeper, their free-kick specialist, who struck the ball well and looking to place the ball into the bottom corner, but Adam Fletcher-Warrington was aware of this and cleanly saved and the final whistle blew. A tough game and room for improvement, but a good clean sheet.

Player of the Day: Sam Smith

Goals Scorers: Harry Joyce

Westfield Wanderers 3 Oadby Owls 4 – 18th September 2011 (League)

On a warm and sunny afternoon Oadby Owls were away to a very tough Westfield team who pushed us all the way and tested our true characters. Oadby started the match very slowly and at times seemed to be still revelling in Tuesday's victory and forgot they were in a battle!!Oadby's defending was very poor and almost comical at times. Westfield took the lead from an Oadby mistake by not clearing the ball convincingly, but within minutes managed to break quickly and earn a corner. A great delivery by Jake Wood saw Harry Joyce leap the highest and head the ball into the roof of the net. Westfield seem to be controlling the midfield and they threaded a ball that was abit long, but credit to them they carried on chasing a lost cause and we tried to shepherd the ball out for a goal kick, but a Westfield player managed to keep the ball in play and cut back to poke home and make the score 2-1. Oadby were not competing and 10 minutes later saw Oadby head a cross clear, but happen to fall to the feet of the Westfield player who struck the ball very sweetly into the top left hand corner. Now 3-1 down Oadby started to battle and from another great Jake Wood corner saw Rory Freeman head in at the far post just before half-time and narrow the lead to 3-2. Half-time needed some stern words and 3 substitutions and Oadby dominated the opening 20 minutes going close on several attacks, but the ball didn't seem to want to go in. On the 65 minutes Adam Fletcher-Warrington poked the ball into the net to make it 3-3!! Now Oadby were still looking for the victory and pushed on. A break down the right wing by Harry saw him cut inside onto his favoured left foot and cross the ball to the far post where Frank coasted in to head in to make it 4-3. A great recovery, but a few nervy moments towards the final whistle with 2 back to back corners from Westfield was not good for my heart!!! A week off next Sunday, but down to some serious training and a lot of creases to iron out!!! Well done Lads

Player of the Day: Harry Joyce

Goals Scorers: Frank Meakin, Harry Joyce, Rory Freeman and Adam Fletcher-Warrington

Oadby Owls 10 Wigston Rangers 0 – 14th September 2011 (League Cup)

On a very windy and cold evening we played our first cup game against Wigston Rangers. In very difficult conditions Oadby Owls found it difficult to get the ball down and pass fluently. Frank Meakin opened the scoring with Harry Joyce poking home just before half-time to go into the break 2-0 up. In the second half Danny Keogh came on as sub and made an immediate impact with a 20 yard strike dip under the bar. Wigston kept battling, but further goals followed from Frank, Harry who scored his first hat-trick, Rory Freeman heading in from a Jake Wood corner, Jamie Hawksley on his 16th birthday, Jake Wood and our goalkeeper Adam Fletcher Warrington. A good start to our cup campaign, but i'm sure the tough games are to follow!!

Player of the Day: The whole team

Goals Scorers: Harry Joyce (3) Frank Meakin (2), Danny Keogh, Jamie Hawksley, Rory Freeman, Jake Wood and Adam Fletcher-Warrington

Beaumont Town 0 Oadby Owls FC 3 – 11th September 2011 (League)

Going into today's game i knew it was going to be very physical and tough game. On a blustery day our Captain Jake Wood won the toss and quite rightly decided to kick against the wind. It was a tough half with Beaumont launching long balls into our box via huge long throw-ins. We weathered the pressure with our keeper Adam Fletcher-Warrington coming out to collect or punch the ball away. Our defence was solid and on a break on the right-hand side Frank Meakin passed a ball up the line for Tal Singh to run onto and who in turn beat the defender and pulled back a ball for Harry Joyce to shoot and just missing the top let hand corner by millimetres! We went into half-time 0-0 with the wind with us in the second half. With a substitution at half-time bringing Curtis Harding on for Tal Singh and a little repositioning that paired Frank Meakin and Harry Joyce as our strike force. It seem to work straight away with Frank making a run down the left wing and looking up to see Harry sprinting into the box and pass a perfect ball into the path for Harry to stroke in from 8 yards out. We seemed to get stronger and 10 minutes later saw some great one two's betweenHarry and Curtis and for Curtis to pick Frank out on the edge of the box for him to shape up to strike with his right foot, but faked his shot and cut onto his weaker left foot and coolly slot into the bottom right hand corner with Beaumont's keeper at full stretch. It was a great 2-0 lead and Kirpal Panaceer came on for Jamie Hawksley who after 10 minutes ran into the box trying to get onto the end of a Harry's cross, but seem to have missed his chance which took the ball just pass the far post, but Kirpal managed to keep the ball in play and from a very tight angle took the roof off the net with a thunderous shot to score his first goal on his debut for Oadby. Wow! 3-0 up and looking comfortable and fully deserved our win and clean sheet today. Well done lads, keep it up!!!

Player of the Day: Harry Joyce

Goals Scorers: Harry Joyce, Frank Meakin and Kirpal Panaceer

Ibstock United 1 Oadby Owls 1 – 4th September 2011 (League)

First game of the season away against Ibstock United was always going to be a tough start. Ibstock were a well organised side that seemed to settle into the game quicker and always looked dangerous when attacking. Oadby had the better clear cut chances with Harry Joyce latching onto a through ball and a one on one, but the keeper was quickly out and made a good block. Some good passing saw Frank Meakin slot the ball through to Tal Singh on the right wing and he crossed a low ball back to Jake Wood who didn't quite connect cleanly and rolled into the keeper's arms. A run from Frank down the right wing saw him cut inside and strike straight at the keeper who blocked for a corner. Ibstock went on the attack and a late tackle just outside the box gave Ibstock a free-kick in a dangerous position. Oadby were notswitched on and Ibstock took a quick free-kick and fell to an unmarked man who headed the ball against the post and again Ibstock reacted the quickest and slotted home to take the lead 1-0 at half-time. Oadby started the second half brightly and had a lot of possession in Ibstock's half, but did not create any good chances. With 10 minutes to go Oadby had a throwing from the left hand side and Jake Wood unleashed one of his long throws for Harry Joyce to flick on and Frank Meakin to run onto and head in! Oadby drew level at 1-1 and deserved to take the lead only 5 minutes later when Frank went clear to only shoot wide of the goal. I good point away from home and a happy start!!

Man of the Match: The whole team

Goals Scorers: Frank Meakin