Under 8 Barnys

Team Photos

Home Kit


Away Kit

Manager: Anil Kumar

Mobile: 07703 332265

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  


Assistant Manager: Ibrahim Bobat

Mobile: 07912 619715

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Leagues Official Website

The team play in the Leicester & District Mutual League – Non competitive group

League Link


Mowbray Rangers Tigers v Oadby Owls Barnys - 7th April 2013 (Group Game)

The last game of the season saw the Barnys confidence sky high after a run of 6 wins in a row. This was evident within the first minute when Arun had a shot smartly saved.

After 5 minutes a long range effort from William hit the post and Muhammad snapped up another goal to add to his already huge tally for the season. It wasn't long before another shot from Arun was saved but Oscar was on hand to hit it first time in to the back of the net. Soon after, he repeated this trick, this time courtesy of a blocked shot from Muhammad.

The attacking power of Muhammad, Oscar, William and Arun threatened, at times, to overwhelm the Tigers. This apparent dominance allowed Nathan to venture out from defence to join attacks and even to take a corner. But the excellent Tigers' keeper repeatedly kept the Barnys at bay, even saving bravely at the feet of Oscar after a brilliant passing move involving William, Arun and Muhammad.

There had been flashes of danger from the Tigers and they clearly had several quick and skillful players which the excellent Dylan and Nathan had managed to contain. But right on the stroke of half-time the Barnys conceded sloppily from a corner.

A touch of over-confidence from the Barnys and some re-organising by the Tigers saw the start of the second half take on a worrying aspect. Early pressure saw the Tigers win a corner and score early. Re-invigorated, the Tigers piled on the pressure in search of an equaliser, hitting the post twice and forcing two smart saves from Kian in goal. There were brief moments of respite including a chance for William after a clever pass from Oscar.

But it wasn't long before this constant pressure saw the equaliser conceded, again from a corner.

A change to a four man midfield gave the Barnys a more robust shape and limited the Tigers chances whilst allowing us the opportunity to break at pace. With time running out and both teams searching for the winner, pressure from Muhammad, Arun and Oscar forced the ball to squirt loose into the centre of the pitch where William was typically first to latch onto it, sprinting away from the chasing pack and into the area he calmly opened up his body and stroked the ball past the despairing dive of the Tigers keeper.

This was almost the last touch of the game with the ref finally blowing for full-time straight after the restart. What a way to finish the game and the season!

Player of the Day: Arun

Goals Scorers: Oscar(2), Muhammad, William

Birstall United Foxes v Oadby Owls Barnys - 17th March 2013 (Group Game)

Another blistering cold and rainy day saw the Barnys off to a good start. An early attack from Muhammad was seen off by the goal keeper. Other chances quickly followed from William, Dylan and Muhammad. This was soon followed by a pass from Oscar and turned goal to Muhammad. Dylan, playing in midfield, created opportunity after opportunity, with some great passing. Dylan showed he could play just as well in midfield as in defence. Not much went pass the combined defence of Nathan and Jaidev, and any attempts at goal from the other side were quickly seen off by Kian. The first half saw William, Muhammad, Oscar, Dylan and even Nathan, constantly pressuring the other side and the other side’s defence worked really hard.  Jaidev was ever ready to kick the ball back, if it was heading in the wrong direction.  Muhammad wasn’t finished yet and he was a constant threat and he soon scored his second goal after railing down the field. The first half saw the Barnys off to a great start.

The second half, saw Nathan joining mid field and the combined efforts of both William and Nathan ensured the ball rarely ventured anywhere near the Barny’s goal.  This soon paid dividend with a much deserved from goal from the fast footed William. William this time posed a constant threat with Nathan. Another goal soon followed from Nathan with one of his usually hard kicks. This was the second match this team were playing this weekend with no substitutes and the second half showed that Barnys were not going to get all their own way. Pressure started building from the other side and Kian made some good saves, with help from Dylan, now in back in defence. Towards the end the Barnys again were back in charge with some great chances being missed from all the players William, Nathan, Oscar and Muhammad. As the game neared the end, Muhammad, in his usual style still found time to complete another one of his hat tricks with another goal.

This was another resounding victory for a team that goes from strength to strength.

Player of the Day: Kian

Goals Scorers: Muhammad(2), Nathan, William

Bardon Hill Falcons v Oadby Owls Barnys - 16th March 2013 (Group Game)

This re-arranged game saw the Barnys take on Bardon in atrocious conditions with freezing, driving rain and several areas of standing water on the pitch. But everyone involved, including the players, wanted to get the fixture over and done with as the season is drawing to a close. Unfortunately, because of the heavy rain I was unable to take many notes of the game and so this report is a little short on detail.

Straight from the off the Barnys made light of the conditions and set about scoring as many goals as possible. Once again, Muhammad, Arun, Oscar and William shared passes, chances and a lot of goals. Even Nathan, who was supposedly in defence, took every opportunity to maraud up the field causing devastation in his wake and was unlucky not to get on the score sheet himself.

Player of the Day: Muhammad

Goals Scorers: Muhammad(6), Arun(2), Oscar(2), William(2)

Oadby Owls Barnys v Cosby United Badgers - 3rd March 2013 (Group Game)

The Barnys were instantly on the attack as soon as the whistle went forcing a corner in the first minute. Muhammad floated the corner over to Oscar who blasted the ball into the roof of the net with his left foot. Soon after the restart Muhammad had a shot which went narrowly wide. After another attack, Muhammad took the resulting corner and managed to squeeze it in at the near post.

This early onslaught set the tone for the rest of the first half with numerous chances for Muhammad, Arun, Oscar and William. Amazingly there were no more goals in the first half due to a combination of poor finishing and dogged defending from Cosby. At times, the Barnys were actually getting in each other's way in their eagerness to get on the score sheet. Our defence of Dylan and Nathan with Jaidev in goal still had to make sure they concentrated because a rare attack from Cosby just before half-time nearly caught them literally napping!

The Barnys started the second-half very slowly and some good defending by Dylan and Nathan ensured that Cosby didn't manage to reduce the deficit early on. This allowed us to settle and get back to the business of all-out attack! But it wasn't until an excellent cross from Arun left Muhammad with an open goal that we could finally be sure that the win was safe.

There was still time for Muhammad to go past 4 players and hit a post and to narrowly miss with a cheeky back heel.

Player of the Day: The Whole Team 

Goals Scorers: Oscar, Muhammad(2)

Oadby Owls Barnys v Barwell Hurricanes - 10th February 2013 (Group game)

The morning saw the boys off to a confident start, despite the blistering cold and the continuous rain fall. The pitch conditions were far from ideal, with more of a mud bath then green grass. Despite this the Barnys showed an early edge, with the boys creating opportunity after opportunity from Oscar and Muhammad. The other team shortly conceded their first goal, with a goal from Dylan. This was followed shortly with a goal from Oscar.  The boys kept going, the ball never straying far from the other side’s goal. Dylan, Oscar, Arun and Muhammad were on full attack mode.

In defence, the combined team of Jaidev and Nathan, quickly saw of any attacks with quick precision. Jaidev was strong in defence, with his strong kicks.  The other team were so little in attack; it saw Nathan take several attempts at goal himself. This paid dividends, with a goal from him. Other attempts quickly followed from Muhammad, Oscar, Dylan and Arun. This left poor Kian in goal, with little to do, then to try and stay warm.  Kian, however was always ready to fend off any attempted goals and made some good saves with his dives in the mud.  

As the weather conditions deteriorated even more, the boys seemed to pick up even more speed, with no substitutes, they each played a full game, showing real commitment, struggling through the mud, wet and cold, they attacked without pause.  A pass from Muhammad then turned for goal for Arun. This was shortly followed by a pass from Dylan, which turned goal for Muhammad, then another goal from Nathan. The boys were not finished yet, and they fought for the ball, with another goal from Oscar and then again Muhammad.

This followed more attempts by Dylan, Oscar, Arun, Muhammad and Nathan which were stopped more due to the mud, rather than the skill of the other side’s goal keeper. 

This was another resounding success for a team that has gone from strength to strength, under the guidance of the two Managers. Picking the man of the match was difficult as they all played well and deserved it, and after much deliberation it was given to Nathan.

Player of the Day: Nathan

Goals Scorers: Dylan, Arun, Oscar(2), Nathan(2) and Muhammad(2)

Oadby Owls Barneys v Narborough Foxes - 13th January 2013 (Group game)

After last week’s success the boy's confidence was high and they started the game in the same manner that they finished the last, with some excellent passing between William, Arun and Muhammad forcing Narborough to franticly clear the ball off the goal-line.

A William pass created a chance for Muhammad to shoot narrowly wide. But we soon made the pressure tell when Oscar scored after a William run and cross down the left wing.

William, Oscar, Arun and Muhammad were again taking it in turns to either create a chance with some good passing or have a shot on goal. Even "the wall" Nathan had the chance to stride forward and see a free-kick from the halfway line go narrowly wide.

Soon after, Muhammad managed to chest the ball into the goal at the near post from a William corner. This was closely followed by an excellent shot and goal from William.

Half-time came with Jaidev in goal having very little to do because very little was getting past the defence of Dylan and Nathan. Dylan showed that last week's excellent performance in defence wasn't a one-off because he won every tackle and intercepted every pass that came near him.

The start of the second half saw Narborough get a brief glimpse of a comeback when they scored with an excellent free-kick.

This proofed to be very brief when soon after William sprinted down the right and crossed to leave Muhammad with an open goal. This was soon followed by a defence splitting pass from William that provided Oscar with another goal.

Any chances that Narborough managed to create were either dealt with by the defence of Nathan and Jaidev or Kian in goal would just come off his line and dive on the ball, no matter how many boots are flying. That boy has no fear!

Oscar managed to complete his hat-trick after latching onto a Narborough goal-kick that dropped short.

Muhammad completed his hat-trick with a typically calm finish from a William cross from the left.

At the final whistle the hardest task was to pick the player of the day because every player deserved the accolade. The way the whole team passed the ball around and moved into space was particularly pleasing. In the end we decided that the two hat-trick heroes were to share the accolade.

Player of the Day: Muhammad and Oscar

Goals Scorers: Muhammad(3), Oscar(3), William

Oadby Owls Barnys v Desford Royals - 6th January 2013 (Group game)

The boys were desperate to get playing again and work off some of their Christmas sweets. So this much postponed game couldn't come quick enough.

This hunger showed straight from the kick-off and Oscar was soon off the mark after a smart pass from William. There soon followed a succession of chances with Arun, Muhammad and Oscar all going close to extending the lead.

All four of the midfielders seemed to be taking it in turns to either set up a chance or go close to scoring. Arun in particular was putting in some fantastic corners.

Dylan and Nathan ably dealt with any danger from the Desford attack. Dylan being a revelation in an unfamiliar defensive role, gelling well with "The Wall"(Nathan). Anything that did manage to get past this defensive shield was easily dealt with by Jaidev in goal.

Just before half-time, the brilliant Desford keeper (definitely the best keeper we've came up against) was finally beaten again when Oscar turned provider for Muhammad to score.

The second half saw Kian replace Jaidev in goal but the pattern of play pretty much followed the first half with a the Barnys repeatedly denied by some outstanding goalkeeping and the Barnys defence snuffing out any Desford attacks.

Oscar wasn't to be denied his second goal of game though, latching onto an Arun pass and slotting the ball into the corner of the net. Desford did manage to deny the Barnys their first clean sheet but it was too little too late to prevent them getting what their excellent performance deserved.

Player of the Day: Dylan

Goals Scorers: Oscar(2), Muhammad

Oadby Owls Barnys v Harborough Revolvers - 11th November 2012 (Group game)

After the last two games some hard work was done at training focusing mainly on defence. This extra work was evident in the vastly improved defensive performance of the entire team.

This new found resilience was soon put to the test by an experienced and dangerous Harborough team that have been scoring for fun this season. They certainly didn't need the assistance they received from the low Autumnal sunlight which blinded the brave Kian in goal for their first half goals.

Despite these early set-backs Muhammed pressurised the defence and managed to curl a shot into the top corner from a seemingly impossible angle. This goal showed that we were still in the game and a marauding run by Nathan almost saw William reducing the deficit.

The latter stages of the first half gave the Barnys hope that the tide was turning and this proved to be the case as soon after half -time William saw a cracking long range effort nestle in the bottom corner. The revolvers soon showed their menace by forcing Kian to dive bravely at the feet of an on-rushing attacker. Soon after another William shot, Kian showed his shot stopping abilities when he's not half-blinded by the sun.

Soon after Orson had sprinted across the pitch to prevent a certain goal, a William pass had put Oscar through to score and provide a nerve jangling finish to the game. And despite several chances to turn the game on its head it was the Revolvers who killed the game off in the final seconds by scoring a freak goal that took a wicked deflection causing the ball to loop over everybody and over the line.

Despite the result, the defending and second half performance showed that the Barnys were making rapid improvements. An indication of which was given by the opposing manager commenting that this was the hardest game of their season, they had been playing together for 2 years and have been scoring a lot of goals! 

Player of the Day: Orson

Goals Scorers: Muhammed, William, Oscar

Borough Alliance Hawks v Oadby Owls Barnys - 21st October 2012 (Group game)

After the chastening experience of last week a lot of work had gone into defensive training. Unfortunately we again were up against a strong and skillful team.

We started slowly and got caught napping from early corners. Eventually we woke up and crisp shots from Muhammad and Arun stung the hands of the Borough keeper. Soon after, the battling Oscar fought his way through a congested midfield to set up a chance for William which the keeper managed to push away for a corner.

A blistering shot from William produced an excellent save from the agile Borough keeper. The hard work eventually paid off just before half-time when Nathan broke up an attack and provided William with the chance to score his fifth goal in four games, which he duly took.

Unfortunately we were caught napping again at the start of the second half and conceded early goals. Despite producing several good chances, a combination of bad luck and excellent goal keeping meant the Barneys were unable to regain a foothold in the game.  

Player of the Day: Nathan

Goals Scorers: William

Oadby Owls Barnys v Lutterworth Town - 14th October 2012 (Group game) 

After the goal-fest of the Barnys second game the three week wait for their next game was definitely not the best preparation for a match against a strong and well organised Lutterworth Town team.

The loss of an early goal was soon countered by a goal from Oscar after William had hit the post. Unfortunately this early parity could not be sustained and we conceded a succession of extremely soft goals.

Despite an enforced change of goalkeeper the first half ended on a positive note with William hitting the crossbar from distance and Muhammad having a shot that went narrowly wide.

Unfortunately we were caught napping again at the start of the second half and conceded early goals. But the Barneys battling spirit, epitomised by the tenacious Oscar, offered hope to us all.  This spirit was rewarded with a goal from Muhammad who then turned provider for William to score. William was again unlucky when he hit the woodwork for a third time with another shot from distance.

Player of the Day: William

Goals Scorers: Oscar, Muhammad, William


Kibworth & Smeeton Juniors Oadby Owls Barnys - 16th September 2012 (Group game)

After the great performance of the Barnys U8’s in their inaugural match, hopes were high that this game would see the team really start to gel.

We were not disappointed! Another blistering start saw early chances fall to William and Muhammad. Although Muhammad was ostensibly playing left midfield the other midfielders Fred and Dylan were providing such good protection for the defence that he was essentially playing upfront with William. The defence of Orson and Arun dealt ably with any attack that managed to get through the wall erected by Fred and Dylan. Orson even found time to plant a clearance into a tender region of this reporter’s anatomy!

This attacking threat soon paid dividends when a Muhammad shot hit the post and the fleet footed William pounced to give the Barnys a deserved lead. This ever dangerous pairing again linked up minutes later to increase the lead, the roles were reversed this time when a cracking long range effort from William was saved by the keeper only for Muhammad to pounce and tuck away the loose ball.

A rare chance for Kibworth, comfortably saved by Nathan, should have been a warning that the Barnys weren’t going to have it all their own way. But the warning wasn’t heeded and minutes later a failure to clear their lines resulted in a half-time score line that didn’t really reflect the dominance of the away team.

The start of the second half saw the Barnys fast out of the blocks again with Muhammad (now in his favoured forward role) going close in the first minute and William troubling the keeper with a shot from distance with his left foot soon after.

The pressure soon told when Fred ran through two players to score and a minute after the restart Arun crashed a shot from the halfway line against the crossbar which bounced over the line.

Now that they were comfortably in control of this game the chances were coming thick and fast with William, Dylan, Arun and Muhammed all going close. After some crisp passing with Dylan, William scored his second. A succession of dangerous corners from William resulted in a goal for Nathan. A minute later Nathan broke up an attack on the edge of his own box and proceeded to power through the middle of the Kibworth team like a steam train allowing Muhammed to claim his second goal. There was still time for Muhammad to complete his second successive hat trick with some sublime skill.

The optimism felt after the first game was totally justified and a superlative passing and attacking game plan paid handsome dividends.

Player of the Day: William

Goals Scorers: Muhammad(3), William(2), Arun, Nathan, Fred

Wigston United v Oadby Owls Barnys - 9th September 2012 (Group game)

After only 2 training sessions together the Barnys management and parents approached their first ever game against a very experienced Wigston United side (they have been together for 2 years!)  with some trepidation, but the skill and commitment of all the players surprised everyone and we deservedly took the lead after 7mins when Arun crossed for Mohammed to calmly stroke the ball home.

Mohammed was a constant threat and after one of his shots was saved William was on hand to put the loose ball away. This 2-0 lead after 20 minutes was built on a solid foundation provided by Nathan and Jaidev who were rock solid in defence.

Unfortunately Wigston got themselves back into the game 2 minutes later courtesy of a huge deflection and a wicked bounce which left the unlucky Kian in goal helpless. Kian was beaten again 2 minutes later by a terrific long range effort which even Joe Hart wouldn’t have saved.

The team quickly managed to recover from this setback and put themselves back in front just before halftime when William put Mohammed through with a great pass that he again tucked away with great aplomb.

There was still time for Kian to ensure we headed into the break in front by producing a brave reflex save from point blank range to deny Wigston an equaliser.

In the second half Wigston started to display the benefits of playing together regularly and started to put our re-jigged defence of William and Navraj and change of keeper under concerted pressure. After 9 minutes this pressure finally told and Wigston equalised to make it 3-3. Two further goals followed in quick succession due to goalmouth scrambles that we were unable to clear.

But the boys refused to be give up despite losing Kian to injury and the ferocious heat starting to sap their energy they were still able create several chances provided by great wing play from Arun and Dylan. Unfortunately, minutes after Nathan produced a great save we conceded again.

Minutes later Nathan thumped a huge goal kick deep into the Wigston half which the lethal Mohammed latched onto to complete his hat-trick. This gave us all hope that a fight back was possible but in committing people forward gaps started to appear at the back and we conceded again just before the final whistle.

Disappointing as the loss was (especially after racing to a 0-2 lead) the skill and commitment of the boys was nothing short of astounding considering the amount of time this new team has spent together and the future looks incredibly bright for the mighty Barneys!

Player of the Day: Mohammed

Goals Scorers: Mohammed(3), William

Team Notices

Leicester & District Mutual Football League







 09/02/2012    Wigston United  Away  
 16/09/2012    Kibworth & Smeeton  Away  
 07/10/2012  14:30  Lutterworth Town  Home  
 21/10/2012    Borough Alliance Hawks  Away  
 04/11/2012  14:30  Harborough Revolvers  Home  
 18/11/2012    Admirals FC  Away  
 02/12/2012  14:30  Desford Royals  Home