Under 9 Hawks

Team Photos

Home Kit


Away Kit



Manager: Gavin Mason

Mobile: 07952 583070

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Assistant Manager: Mark Bell

Mobile: 07905 328127

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Leagues Official Website

The team play in the Leicester & District Mutual League – Division 12

League Link


GNG Tigers 3 Oadby Owls Hawks 1 – 16th December 2012 (League)

Visiting Hawks dominate possession but see the Tigers make the most of their chances in a 1-3 loss.

The Oadby Owls Hawks hit the road and met the GNG Tigers at the Manor House Fields on a beautiful, clear, cool day with bright blue skies— a great day for soccer. They welcomed new player Cameron Potter to the fold but were without the services of Coach Gav and ‘keeper Billy Ridley, both out sick. Fortunately, Coach Mark filled in as Manager and Tristan Poultney stepped up again in goal.

The game got underway on a dewy pitch with the Hawks attacking uphill in the first half. After a shaky start the Hawks settled in, with Henry Bower and Max Freer providing impenetrable defense, again and again returning the ball to the GNG side of the pitch. David Kaufman-Bell and Cameron Potter moved the ball well and Cameron, in his debut, immediately made his presence felt by threatening the opposition’s goal before the ball was poked away at the last instant. A defender’s well-timed run intercepted a Hawks pass and took the ball into Hawks territory but, after a deft tackle, Henry passed it forward and kept the Hawks attacking.

Eshan Jariwala made a great run up the left side and found David Kaufman-Bell in the middle. A defender poked the ball away but Milan Tailor pounced and passed to an open Cameron, whose shot went just wide. Another great defensive stop, this time by Max, started Eshan on another run. He got the ball to Milan, who was closing in on goal before GNG got a foot on it and sent it out of bounds.

Up to this point Oadby looked in control, with Eshan displaying his skills and making run after run up field and he, David, Cameron, and Milan passing and moving well on offense while Henry, Max, and Tristan were extremely stingy on defense. All due credit to the Tigers defense, though, which kept turning away almost continual Hawks pressure. Then, suddenly, one of the Tigers took the ball across midfield and, with the Hawks defense closing in and Tristan up and in good position, fired a strong shot that sailed well over Tristan’s head and found the top of the net, putting the Tigers up 1-0.

Now it was the Tigers’ turn to press. They won a corner, which was defended well by Cameron, who took it up the field. GNG regained possession, though, and got in position to take a shot that went wide. After yet another defensive stop by Henry the Oadby front four regained the advantage and continued to press. Milan made a quick run up the right side and again found Cameron, whose shot again went just wide.

Substitutions saw David and Eshan off, Louie Bell and Aaron Mason on.

A Tigers shot forced Tristan to come up with a good save and his outlet pass led to Aaron making a good run up the left side and deep into GNG territory. After some jostling Cameron got possession and found Milan who found Louie in front. Louie uncorked a hard shot that was blocked. Milan continued to display good skills, as did Aaron, whose strong run toward goal was stopped only by a last-ditch (and pretty good) slide tackle that flicked the ball out of bounds.

Oadby again seemed to be dominating play with constant pressure up front, a shut-down defense seeing Henry and Max winning every tackle, and Coach Mark sounding more and more like Gav as the game went on. However, a Tiger somehow broke free at midfield and took the ball toward the Oadby goal as the Hawks defense gave chase. Tristan challenged the Tiger but the GNGer slotted it past him on the left and the Hawks were down 2-0.

After Henry’s strong shot from midfield  went wide left the Tiger’s counter-attack gave them a three-on-two break. One of the Tigers got free for a shot but Tristan stopped it with a great save and the rebound went wide. GNG continued to press as the half came to an end.

Oadby opened the second half attacking the downhill goal. Eshan was striker, with Louie on the left, David on the right, and Henry in the center. Milan and Aaron defended and Tristan kept goal.

An early possession by the Tigers won them a corner. The low try snuck by all the nearside players, squirting into the muddle in front of the goal before a Tiger poked it in and sent the Hawks into a 3-0 hole. With plenty of time left, Aaron and Milan played well on defense, picking up where Henry and Max left off. The Tigers got another corner, though, resulting in a hard shot and a great hand save by Tristan as GNG applied steady pressure. Some good defending got the ball up to David at midfield. He took it down the right side and passed to Henry in the middle. Henry looked up and nudged it to Eshan, who slid it past the keeper on the right and put the Hawks on the board, 3-1.

The Tigers kept up the pressure, though. One of their players took a shot that was deflected toward goal, but Tristan made yet another great save. The Hawks fought back, and David got it to Eshan who found Max, whose strong shot went just wide.

Second half substitutions saw Cameron in on D for Milan and Max at midfield for Henry.

Cameron went straight to work, breaking up a Tigers fast break. Eshan then got the ball to David for a shot that was saved by the GNG goalkeeper. Now the game settled into a back-and-forth affair with neither side having an advantage. Eventually, a Tiger got clear for a hard shot but Tristan was up to the challenge with a kick save. Soon after, a great Tigers shot seemed destined for the top corner but Tristan made a terrific, leaping save. The subsequent dangerous corner led to Louie heading it out of danger.

GNG kept applying pressure but David managed to slot an outlet pass up the middle of the pitch to striker Eshan, whose shot sailed wide. The tide turned again in the Hawks’ favor as Cameron and Aaron began hoovering up everything that came their way on defense and Louie and Henry moved the ball well. Cameron got the ball up to Eshan, but the shot missed right. The hard-fought, physical game saw Oadby pressing at the end.

The Hawks now look forward to the term break and holidays and will regroup in the new year. The January transfer window sees David shipping back to America and his home side, the North Meck Soccer Club, and Cameron stepping into his slot on the Oadby Owls Hawks.

HT: 0-2                                                                                                                          ATT: 23

Player of the Day: David Kaufman-Bell

Goals Scorers: Eshan Jariwala

Oadby Owls Hawks 3 Kibworth and Smeeton Kings 2 - 30th September 2012 (League)

Hawks Edge Past Kings in Right Royal Tussle

The Hawks included 2 new players in their squad as they took on Kibworth and Smeeton in this early season top-of-the-table clash.

The teams got to half time at level pegging after the Kings' opener was cancelled out by Ayrton Patel's strike just before the break. Kibworth and Smeeton made the early running and a shot rebounded off the left upright. The ball fell to a Kings player who, luckily for Oadby, hit the other post.

This near-miss galvanised the home side with Aaron Mason and Milan Tailor causing problems in attacking positions. Debutant Eshan Jariwala also made his presence felt, pressing well to win a corner. Moments later Eshan carried the ball in a great run down the left wing, beating three tackles before sliding the ball across the face of the goal.

Max Freer and Henry Bower in defence were quick to clear any danger, marshalled by Billy Ridley in goal. David Kaufman Bell, Oadby's other debutant, announced his arrival with a shot on goal. David was soon in action again, poking the ball across goal from the left but Milan was unlucky to see his point-blank shot go straight at the Kings' 'keeper.

The Hawks then went behind to an unfortunate deflection. With half time approaching Max Freer went forward for a corner as Oadby searched for a goal. The corner was passed to Max on the right corner of the penalty area and he crossed to Ayrton who slotted home the equaliser.

The second half saw Milan and Tristan Poultney at the back, making a number of interceptions, tackles and clearances. It was a booming clearance from Tristan that found Henry well upfield. Henry made no mistake with a cool finish, low to the right of the 'keeper and the Hawks had the lead.

Oadby were now playing up the hill with confidence with David and Louis Bell working the right and left wings respectively. Tristan peppered the away side's half with several more clearances from defence and his thinking became clear when his shot from on the left, inside the Hawks' half, found the net to make it 3-1.

Kibworth and Smeeton had the best of the next few minutes, winning several corners and a couple of free kicks. Tristan, Aaron and Ayrton made important interceptions and Billy saved at his left post. At the other end Max had a fierce shot down the middle well saved. David caused problems on the left, winning a throw near to the corner flag and minutes later crossing to Max in a dangerous position.

A break down the middle by the Kings saw their player hold off the Oadby defence and score low inside the left post. A few nervous moments remained. Louis made a vital defensive tackle on the left and the Hawks held on to keep the top spot and to make it 3 wins out of 3.

Player of the Day: David Kaufman Bell

Goal Scorers: Ayrton Patel, Henry Bower and Tristan Poultney

Oadby Owls Hawks 5 Epworth Forest 0 - 16th September 2012 (League)

Hawks On Top After Confident Display

The Hawks scored five for the second match in a row as they continued their 100% start to the season and went to the top of Division 12.

The home side enjoyed plenty of possession in the first half and were 3-0 up by half-time thanks to a Milan Tailor hat-trick. Henry Bower and Milan Tailor combined well from the start and several passing moves threatened the Forest goal. Epworth's 'keeper was soon called on to tip Max Freer's shot onto the upright. Oadby continued to press and their opener came when Milan Tailor picked up a clearance and fired down the middle to score.

Meanwhile, Ayreton Patel and Tristram Poultney were putting in a lot of work to win the ball and keep Oadby in control. The home side soon made use of the possession and Louis Bell provided the pass for Milan Tailor to fire home and double the Hawks' advantage. Forest then broke out of defence but Louis Bell was in the action again to make a vital defensive tackle. Further attacks by the away side were intercepted by Aaron Mason as Oadby remained firm at the back.

The Hawks searched for a third as Ralph McGarry's corner flashed across the goal with no-one quite able to get on the end of it. However, another corner fell to Milan Tailor and his hat-trick was complete. The last action of the first half saw a break by Epworth the length of the field and through on goal. Hawks' 'keeper Billy Ridley made a fine save to tip the powerful shot onto the top of the bar and behind.

This gave Epworth some confidence and they had the better of the early exchanges in the second half. Tristram Poultney carried the Oadby threat with two shots on goal from the right in quick succession. The Epworth 'keeper couldn't quite keep out the second shot and the Hawks were 4-0 up.

Tristram Poultney almost turned provider for the fifth as he took the ball out of defence to the other end of the pitch. A lovely lay-off saw Max Freer shoot just wide. At the back, Ayreton Patel was putting in a good performance making a series of tackles and clearances. Billy Ridley had a busier time in goal, saving at his right post and marshalling the defence as Forest won several corners.

Henry Bower, Ralph McGarry and Max Freer combined well in attack and one of their moves ended with Henry Bower firing home the Hawks' fifth from the right. Henry Bower nearly had another as his shot went just over. He then put in Max Freer who saw his shot saved by the Forest 'keeper.

The Hawks now go to Melton Foxes Cubs to see if they can maintain their great start to the season.

Player of the Day: Max Freer

Goals Scorers: Milan Tailor (3), Tristram Poultney and Henry Bower.

Oadby Owls Hawks 5 GNG Tigers 3 - 9th September 2012 (League)

Hawks fight back to win opener

The Hawks were twice behind but a great second half saw them run out 5-3 winners in a free-scoring start to the season.

The home side were the first to press forward with Max Freer testing the goal keeper. Ralph McGarry then saw his shot blocked by desperate defending after Louis Bell had crossed from the right. Tigers also tried to move the ball down this wing several times and right back Aaron Mason was alert to the danger.

The Hawks were unlucky to go behind as a corner from the left ballooned into the air off the woodwork and was deflected in. Milan Tailor quickly won the first of a series of corners as Oadby looked to respond. On the fourth consecutive corner Louis Bell headed the cross just wide of the target.

Oadby were soon back up the field as Henry Bower's booming clearance from defence went off a Tigers player for another corner. This time, Tristan's cross went in and the Hawks were level.

The away side were swift to restore their lead as a fierce shot on the break was saved by goal keeper Billy Ridley only to fall to a Tigers player who stabbed the ball home.

The second half began with more Tigers pressure but Oadby, particularly Ayreton Patel, Milan Tailor and Billy Ridley, did great work to keep them at bay. Hawks then equalised through an excellent finish from Henry Bower.

Billy Ridley was called into more action, making two great saves. His long clearance then found Max Freer who rifled the ball home and Oadby had the lead for the first time in the game.

The Hawks' confidence showed in their next move: a goal kick found Ralph McGarry who passed to Max Freer and then Tristan to double Oadby's advantage. Tristan soon completed his hat-trick with another great finish to make it 5-2. Tigers hadn't given up and Ayreton Patel and Billy Ridley both made vital tackles and saves respectively. Eventually the away side got their third goal after Oadby were unable to fully clear the danger following Billy Ridley's save.

The Hawks now look forward to their next fixture at home after a great team performance.

Player of the Day: Billy Ridley

Goal Scorers: Tristan Polutney (3), Henry Bower and Max Freer

Team Notices

Leicester & District Mutual Football League