Under 17 Juniors

Team Photos

Home Kit

Away Kit

Manager: Sam Patel

Mobile: 07761 439629

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  

Assistant Manager: 


Email: @oadbyowls.com

Leagues Official Website

The team play in the Leicestershire Youth League – Premier Division

League Link


Oadby Owls FC 5 Loughborough Dynamo JFC 2 - 11th November 2012 (League)

On a sunny, but cold afternoon Oadby welcomed a Loughborough team who inflicted our first defeat in October, so we knew it was pay-back time!! The pitch was sticky and didn't really suit our passing style, but we needed to adapt and scrap the game out. With having the previous week off the lads were rested and raring to go so we needed to get out of the blocks quickly. Oadby started quickly with an early move down the right wing where Aipwe Mantana used his quick feet and trickery to take on the full-back, but shot wide of the goal. Oadby kept pushing and a long throw- in from Adam Fletcher-Warrington deep into the Loughborough box caught them napping and Dylan Beadman spun on a sixpence and volleyed into the roof of the net to put Oadby 1-0 up. Oadby began to grow with confidence and 10 minutes later a great ball down the left wing from Sam Smith to Ouakari Diawara who dribbled to the goal line and cut the ball back for Aipwe who was running into the box and calmly side footed the ball into the bottom corner to make put Oadby 2-0 up. With 15 minutes to half-time Loughborough pulled a soft goal back and all of a sudden sprung back to life and began to pile on some pressure with 4/5 corners causing confusion in the Oadby box, but we managed go to the break at 2-1 up.

It was important that we got the next goal and early pressure saw Dylan head in from close range to make it 3-1. Oadby were now turning the screw and 10 minutes later Ouakari headed in from another long throw-in 4-1. Loughborough pulled one back when Oadby were pushing for another goal, but got caught on the break and out of position. Loughborough kept plugging away and they were foiled  by Gregg Colbourne who outstretched his leg to make a great save! The game was finally killed off with another great through ball into the box from Sam with Ouakari running onto it and out came the Loughborough keeper, but he poked the ball past into a empty net. The final score was 5-2 and it was a great win and hopefully we can cause an upset next Sunday in the League Cup against Mowbray Rangers!!! 

Player of the Day: Uwais Zannar

Goals Scorers: Ouakari Diawara x 2, Dylan Beadman x 2, Aipwe Mantana

Oadby Owls 1 Huncote Sports & Social 0 - 30th September 2012 (League)

Type report here A windy September afternoon saw the return match against Huncote who we beat 2 weeks previous. As i told the lads this game was not a for gone conclusion and it was going to be tough! Oadby kicked down the slope first half and started brightly with some great short passing from full-back Leon Peresu, Jake Wood, Uwais Zannar releasing Aipwe Mantana to drive down the right wing and cross low and hard across the box, but Frank Meakin could not connect. Oadby controlled the game, but every time we shot it either went wide of the post or straight into the keepers hand!! From an Oadby corner the ball fell to Frank in the six yard box, but the keeper managed to smother his shot! Huncote had a free-kick form just inside the Oadby half and the Huncote player went direct for goal, but Gregg Colbourne had it covered and palmed the ball over the bar. Oadby attacked on the right wing again from a jinxing run from Aipwe who skipped around two players only to be brought down outside the box. At half-time it was 0-0 and Oadby had nothing to show for their hard work.

Oadby again started brightly with an early shot from Ouakari Diawara who cut in from the left-wing and shot wide of the right-hand post. Oadby were well in control and kept attacking and a great shot from Frank in at close range was superbly saved by the Huncote goal-keeper yet again. Gregg did not have a great deal to do in the Oadby goal handling the ball well and in one instance coming out to dive at the Huncote players feet bravely and wining the ball. Oadby were still pressing at every moment and Frank chased a ball up the left-wing only to be clinically brought down by the Huncote defender!! Huncote were trying to rattle Oadby with some strong challenges, but they held their composure, more to be said than me!!! It seemed to be one of those days that nothing was going to go our way until with a minute to go Jake Wood latched onto a loose ball and drilled the ball hard and low into the bottom right-hand corner beating the out stretched hand of the Huncote keeper and finally we had beaten him!! With a high jump in the air from myself and all the boys congratulating Jake the important 3 points were heading our way with 30 seconds left to play! Well done boys again for your persistance and hard work never giving up, please keep it going!!!

Player of the Day: Jake Wood

Goals Scorers: Jake Wood

Lutterworth Athletic YFC 3 Oadby Owls 4 - 23rd September 2012 (League)

On a cold wet miserable day Oadby made the away journey to Lutterworth who had not had the best of starts. The pitch was in good condition, but seemed quite small in length. With rain still teeming down it made playing conditions very greasy and a good first touch was needed!  Oadby kicked off up the slight slope and started in a casual manor and struggled to get a foot on the ball. Lutterworth were competing well all over the pitch and made it difficult for Oadby to create chances. Oadby attacked down the right wing with full-back Dylan Beadman making a run up the line and in turn passing a ball into Frank Meakin's feet and a run off the ball form Aipwe Mantana, but the ball needed to be passed a split second quicker and by the time it was released Aipwe ran onto the ball and struck the ball low and hard into the bottom corner of the net, but was just off-side. It was Lutterworth who struck first on 20 minutes with a ball that was played down the left-wing and the centre-forward faked to shoot, but stepped inside onto his right foot and strike in the top corner. Oadby slowly started to attack on the left-wing and it was on the 35 minute mark when Frank latched onto the ball on the left-wing and ran onto the ball in the box, but the Lutterworth defender clearly took his legs and the referee pointed to the spot. Up stepped Sam Smith who drilled the ball wide of the keeper who got a hand on the ball, but the power took the ball into the back off the net. Oadby were level 1-1 at half-time, but knew they needed more quality in the second half.

Lutterworth started attacking from the whistle and looked very lively and on a counter attack Charlie Patel ran down the left-wing and passing the ball into Ouakari Diawara who passed the ball into Frank and he returned the ball to Ouakari who then passed the ball inside into the path of Uwais Zannar who ran into the box and struck low through the Goalie's legs to put Oadby 2-1 up. It was 10 minutes later that Lutterworth latched onto a loose ball in midfield and the Lutterworth player carried the ball and shot from 25 yards out and hit the under-side of the cross-bar and rebounded off Gregg Colbourne into the net. It was now 2-2 and the Lutterworth now had the momentum in their favour. Again Lutterworth attacked down the right wing and a late tackle by Charlie earned Lutterworth a direct free-kick on the corner of the 18 yard box in a dangerous position. With 3 in the wall the ball was struck and it went through the wall into the bottom corner and now we were 3-2 down! Oadby kept plugging away and on the 70 minute mark earned a corner which Frank took into the near post only for the Lutterworth player head into his own net. Now it was 3-3 and Oadby were determined to come away with 3 points and kept attacking and with 10 minutes to go a ball went across the box and the ball came loose and rolled outside the box and Uwais reacted the quickest and steadied himself to strike the ball so cleanly, technically perfect and the goalie had no chance of stopping the ball which flew into the top right-hand corner!! Maybe a shout for goal of the season?? Oadby held on for the last 10 minutes to get a hard fought 3 points. Not our best game in difficult weather conditions, but we will need to be on top form to play Huncote again who will have learnt alot from our 5-0 victory against them last week! Well done lads again though and keep it up!!Type report here

Player of the Day: Uwais Zannar

Goals Scorers: Uwais Zannar x 2, Sam Smith, OG

Huncote Sports & Social JFC 0 Oadby Owls FC 5 - 16th September 2012 (League)

Oadby traveled to top of the table Huncote S & S who were confident and flying high after a great start. We were well aware that this was going to be a testing game. Huncote's pitch was on a slope, but well manicured and made for another great passing pitch for the second week running. Oadby lined up with their usual 4-3-3 and Jake Wood won the toss-up and elected to kick up the slope against the wind.

Oadby started well, but struggled to get their passing crisp and accurate. Oadby had some early shots on the Huncote goal from Uwais Zannar and Jake Wood, but nothing to trouble the keeper. Huncote made a few chances, but our keeper Gregg Colbourne tipped one shot around the post and another over the bar. After 20 minutes Charlie Patel made a great tackle and then released a great ball up the left wing for Ouakari Diawara to dribble past the full-back and then crossed to the far post where Aipwe Mantana headed across the goalkeeper who made a great save, but fumbled the ball when he hit the ground and Frank Meakin was in the right place at the right time to poke in from 2 yards out!

The first goal settled Oadby and then 10 minutes later a long throw-in from Jake deep into the Huncote 6-yard box caused confusion and the goalkeeper came out to punch the ball, but missed it and seem to bounce off a Huncote player into the net. Oadby didn't stop attacking and with 5 minutes before half time Charlie again passed to Ouakari on the left wing where he stepped inside onto his right foot just inside the 18 yard box where the keeper came out to narrow the angle, but he slotted the ball around him into the bottom right-hand corner.

Oadby went into half-time 3-0 up and comfortable and came out the second half confident and started passing the ball around patiently keeping possession well making Huncote work hard for the ball. Huncote came close again with a well struck shot, but Gregg again pushed the ball around the post. The second half took awhile for Oadby to get going and it was on the 30 minute mark when Frank Meakin broke free into the Huncote box and nut-megged the oncoming keeper to make the score 4-0. With 15 minutes to go Sam Smith swopped positions with debutant Leon Peresu to centre-forward and within 10 minutes sweetly struck a square pass from Frank into the bottom corner. Oadby saw out the last 5 minutes to earn a great 5-0 victory and a valuable clean sheet. Well done defensively, great work-rate from the midfield and great finishing!! Next week away to Lutterworth and we need to build on this and not get complacent!!!

Player of the Day: Charlie Patel

Goals Scorers: Frank Meakin x 2, Sam Smith, Ouakari Diawara & OG

Kirby Muxloe 88 JFC 2 Oadby Owls 2 - 9th September 2012 League)

On a scorching afternoon The Owls travelled across town to possible title contenders Kirby who got off to a 8-0 win last Sunday, so we knew what to expect. The Kirby pitch resembled a baize of velvet green grass which would grace any footballing team! Both teams started well and Kirby got 2 early long range efforts on goal, but went over the bar or Gregg Colbourne caught with ease. Oadby went close with a run down the right wing for Aipwe Mantana to cross low and hard for Quakari Diawara to shoot wide of the goalkeeper only to be denied by the post. When Oadby played the passing game Kirby struggled to handle us and with 25 minutes on the clock Oadby won the ball in midfield in the Kirby half and Jake Wood latched onto a loose ball and side stepped one challenge to set himself up for a 25 yard rasping shot into the top right-hand corner leaving the keeper with no hope. Oadby settled and finished the half strongly with Frank Meakin having the upper hand with his speed against the tall Kirby centre-half.

Oadby with only 11 fit players started the second half brightly and attacked down both wings, but with no final product. Oadby scored their second goal with a fortunate miss-hit pass form Jake which just happen to run into the path of Frank who flicked past the oncoming Kirby keeper. With a 2-0 cushion Oadby looked comfortable and only seem to look nervous was from Kirby set-peices. Oadby lost concentration when the ball had been judged to have gone out of play for a Oadby throw-in, but the referee gave it to Kirby and in turn took a quick throw-in and a ball that split our defence for the Kirby striker to cooly loft over the Oadby keeper. With a injury to Aipwe i had no choice to bring on injury hit Jamie Hawksley and we reverted to a 4 4 2 formation. Oadby pressed for the 3rd goal to kill the game off and should of done so when the ball fell for Uwias Zannar who shot wide form 6 yards out. Then Frank Meakin went on a powerfull run down the right-wing and cross the ball low for Quakari to poke wide! In the back of my mind i knew we needed to finish and again Dylan Beadman headed a perfect ball down and wide of the keeper, but somehow the keeper got his finger tips to the ball to push wide for a Oadby corner. With 10 minutes to go Kirby got a cheap free-kick wide of our 18 yard box on the left-wing and the Kirby player delivered a great free-kick that was low and hard and seem to pass all the players and drift into the Oadby net to make it 2-2, which is how it stayed at the final whistle.

I think we all knew we dropped points today and we needed to be more clinical in front of goal, but we played some great football and we need to be more consistant throughout. Next week is another tough game against table-toppers Huncote and iam sure we will get 3 points! Well done lads on a very hot day!!

Player of the Day: The whole squad

Goals Scorers: Jake Wood and Frank Meakin

Oadby Owls 2 v Caterpillar Sports & Social FC 1 - 2nd September 2012 (League)

After a re-shaping of our side this season with 8 new members Oadby unveiled a new look team which on paper looks technically very strong and today's game was going to be a stern test!! Caterpillar came to Coombe Park with a lot of talented players form the Premier division and look like possible title contenders. Oadby kicked up the hill first half and started the game very nervy which was to be expected with only playing once together.

Caterpillar seem to settle very quickly and causing problems with there nippy centre-forward who held the ball up well. Caterpillar took the lead with a long throw-in and some mis-judgement and panic in the box saw Caterpillar poke home from 3 yards out. After 25 minutes Oadby took control of the game and gained a free-kick just wide of the 18 yard box and Jake Wood crossed only for the Caterpillar defender jumping to block, but the ball struck his arm and the referee pointed to the penalty spot. Up stepped Sam Smith who calmly sent the 'County' keeper the wrong way and placed the ball wide into the net to make the score 1-1.

Oadby gained confidence and began to test the keeper with a point blank save form Uwias Zannar and somehow not only did he save the shot, but caught it?? Just before half-time Oadby took a long throw-in and had 2 shots saved and blocked form within the six yard box! Half-time we re-organised the midfield slighty and tightened up all round and Oadby came out strong and within 10 minutes a long throw-in caused confusion in the Caterpillar defence and Dylan Beadman headed in from close range to make it 2-1.

Oadby had their tails up and worked well collectively, defending in numbers and getting behind the ball to make Caterpillar struggle to break through and the resorted to long balls over the top, but Oadby goal-keeper Gregg Colbourne reacted quickly off his line and managed to stick out his leg and foil Caterpillar and 10 minutes later again Gregg saved from close range again!! Oadby were resolute in defence with some great tackles from Sam Smith, Dan Whitesman. Dylan Beadman and Charlie Patel with some great defending headers from Jake and Uwais.

Oadby needed another goal to kill the game off, but nothing clear cut materialised even though we had lots of possession. Oadby held on for the final whistle and it was a great 3 points against a tough Caterpillar side who will take points off most teams. Well done lads keep up the hard training and we will begin to gel every game we will play!!

Player of the Day: Jake Wood

Goals Scorers: Sam Smith, Dylan Beadman

Team Notices

Leicestershire Youth League