Under 10 Hawks

Team Photos

Home Kit


Away Kit


Manager: Gavin Mason

Mobile: 07952 583070

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.  


Assistant Manager: Mark Bell

Mobile: 07905 328127

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.   

Leagues Official Website

The team play in the Leicester & District Mutual League – Division 13

League Link


Oadby Owls Hawks 0 Humberstone Rangers United 3 - 10th November 2013 (League)

Hawks make the chances but clinical Humberstone take their's

It was back to the league as Oadby hosted top-of-the-table Humberstone Rangers on a bright late autumn afternoon.

Humberstone came into this game scoring an average of 8 goals in each league outing this season. Their confidence was clear to see as they immediately put the Hawks under sustained pressure. The Oadby defence of Max Freer and Louis Bell with Billy Ridley between the sticks all saw plenty of action.

Kian Pancholi raced back to help and got a vital touch to put the ball behind as the Hawks stopped another Humberstone break. The respite was brief as Billy made a great save to his right from the marauding away-side's attack. But Humberstone went ahead from the resulting corner as the ball found its way in at the near post.

Oadby re-organised and started to move up-field. A move between Kian and Tristan Poultney forced a corner that led to Max's shot from the edge of the area being blocked. Max was also key in defence making tackles and clearances and Billy needed to be alert, coming off his line and saving with his legs on the right edge of the area.

Milan Tailor in midfield generated some attacking options, passing to Tristan to go down the right and win a throw. Kian linked up with Cameron Potter on the left and Tristan had a goal-bound shot headed away by a defender.

Despite these encouraging chances, Oadby went into half-time two-down as Humberstone put the ball in from a short corner.

The Hawks continued their attacking play in the second half. Cameron put two shots just wide, one a real screamer from distance that seem destined for the top left corner. Another break saw Max's shot saved by the 'keeper.

Milan, Ayrton and Aaron were still busy at the back. Billy saved from a goal-mouth scramble to somehow keep the ball out of his net. Then a break by the away side had Billy saving in the air to his right. The Humberstone forwards always looked dangerous with their pace and great passing into space. They got their final goal after a run down the right. The ball was crossed at speed and an unfortunate deflection took it into the net.

Oadby weren't put off and created scores of chances. Aaron made a lovely pass down the field to Tristan but again the away 'keeper was equal to the shot. Billy found an attacking outlet through short goal-kicks to Milan who would then get the ball to Tristan or Kian up front.

Ayrton's ball to Kian was a little too strong and the 'keeper got there just in time to save. Moments later, Milan was the provider from defence and the goalie had to save Kian's shot. Yet again Kian broke forward and forced a good save by the Humberstone 'keeper, with Cameron's shot off the rebound being blocked by a desperate defence.

Oadby chalked up a series of corners in the half. Tristan nearly got a goal from the last of these as the ball fell to him and he put it just over the bar from close range.

On balance, Humberstone deserved the win and owed their clean-sheet to an excellent game from their 'keeper.  On another day Oadby might have had a couple of goals and a closer result.

Player of the Day: Max Freer

Goal Scorers: 

Barlestone St. Giles 2 Oadby Owls Hawks 2 (Score 2-2 aet; Barlestone won 3-0 on penalties) - 3rd November 2013 (County Cup)

Hawks nearly score big cup upset

The Hawks were in for a test as they travelled to Barlestone - a form team fully seven divisions above them. However, Oadby played their part in an exciting match and took their hosts all the way to a penalty shoot-out.

Oadby had a difficult start, going behind to an early goal. They hit straight back as Milan Tailor's short pass to Max Freer allowed him to shoot low across the 'keeper and into the left corner.

With the score 1-1 after just a few minutes many wondered if we were in for a free scoring game. Louis Bell and Tristan Poultney were hard pressed in defence against a big Barlestone side but were effective in making tackles and clearances. Kian Pancholi and Ayrton Patel showed a great work-rate in getting back to help when needed.

Meanwhile Oadby continued to threaten in attack. Several times Max got the ball out of defence to Milan and Barlestone did not seem to have an answer to Milan's mazy runs down the right. In one example Billy Ridley's goal kick went to Max who made a first-time pass to Milan. He took the ball down the wing and his cross found Max who could not quite get the power in his shot at close range.

Billy made a good save at his near post from a corner and Aaron Mason and Louis combined well to stop a couple of Barlestone attacks down the right.

The Hawks grew in confidence but the long grass on the pitch did not suit their passing game. Aaron won the ball in defence and sent it via Cameron Potter to Milan down the right but he just missed the target. Kian broke down the right wing several times causing problems with his pace and forcing a great save from the home 'keeper as the ball sped towards his top left corner.

The second half started in a similar positive vein for Oadby. Tristan's work down the right won a corner from which he forced a save from the goalie. Although the ball went loose, Louis could not quite get on the end of the rebound.

Billy then made a series of saves as Barlestone began to come forward. The first was from a shot across goal from the left and the ball trickled slowly wide of the right post as Barlestone narrowly failed to tap it home. Further saves followed from a high powerful shot at the left post and another low to Billy's right.

Oadby took the lead as Cameron's well-taken corner went in at the near post. The home side tried to hit back and Kian in particular stopped several of their attacks.

Aaron was busy helping to turn defence into attack: firstly he and Cameron exchanged several passes down the right to win a throw-in near the opposition corner flag; then a lovely pass from Aaron found Tristan on the left. His shot was saved but the ball fell to Max in the centre on the edge of area and his powerful shot rattled the crossbar.

The hosts equalised as a corner led to a goal-mouth scramble. Ayrton made a series of crucial blocks and tackles on the right as Barlestone searched for the winner. Oadby were not done yet and Cameron on the left fed Kian who turned inside but put his shot just wide of the right post.

Extra time could not break the deadlock. Barlestone's first three penalties left Billy little chance but the Hawks can be proud of their performance and giving the hosts a late Hallowe'en scare.

Player of the Day: The whole team!

Goal Scorers: Max Freer, Cameron Potter

Oadby Owls Hawks 5 Borough Alliance Falcons 0 - 13th October 2013 (League)

Hawks return to winning ways in League

Just a week after the cup thriller at Kegworth, the Hawks continued their busy start to the season with a good League win at home to Borough Alliance Falcons.

The Hawks once again showed attacking intent from the start. Aaron Mason and Cameron Potter both drew saves from the 'keeper with Louis Bell the provider in the latter move. Kian Pancholi then burst forward, beating two tackles but again the 'keeper was equal to his strike.

Oadby were soon ahead after Kian put in Cameron to score. Moments later Kian was on the score-sheet himself after Louis again turned provider on the left wing.

After last week's scare, the Hawks were not going to take their lead for granted. Another great run from Kian ended with a lovely lay-off to Cameron but the Borough goalie saved well to his right. Kian continued to torment the away defence with a run down the right. His shot from a narrow angle hit the post and Aaron put the rebound just over the bar.

Tristan Poultney came off the bench and immediately carried the ball down the left wing. The Borough 'keeper, who despite the scoreline was having a great game, saved his shot. Tristan was not to be denied a goal and soon made it three, with a good strike from the left edge of the penalty area to put the ball in at the near post.

The start of the second half saw no let-up as Eshan Jariwala crossed from the left and Milan Tailor drew yet another save from the goalie. Billy Ridley in the Owls' goal then made an excellent full stretch save after a Borough break down the left.

Milan became central to the Hawks' attacking moves in final quarter of the game. He saw a shot a saved and then deflected off the crossbar. Milan got Oadby's fourth after beating two players down the left before placing the ball home. Oadby continued to play in the opposition's half with Ayrton Patel on the right twice linking up with Milan who tested the 'keeper both times.

Oadby's final goal was a great team effort. Billy's long clearance found Milan. The ball then went to Max and Eshan before Milan finished the move at close range to make it five-nil.

Player of the Day: Milan Tailor

Goals Scorers: Cameron Potter, Kian Pancholi, Tristan Poultney, Milan Tailor (2)

Kegworth Imps 3 Oadby Owls Hawks 4 - 6th October 2013 (County Cup)

Hawks survive nail-biting comeback for cup win

The Hawks had little idea of the seven-goal thriller in store for them, as they visited the northern end of the County for this First Round Proper cup tie.

Oadby started a strong first half with Cameron Potter's shot saved by the 'keeper's feet. Tristan Poultney was also instrumental in the forward threat, exchanging passes with Cameron on the right and then on hand to stab home Milan Tailor's cross for the opening goal. Moments later it was nearly two as Eshan Jariwala forced a close-range save from the goalie.

The Hawks continued to look good in attack with Tristan causing problems on the right and Eshan and Louis Bell combining well on the left. As half time approached, Kegworth began to show some intent. Ayrton Patel made an important tackle in the centre of defence and Owls' 'keeper Billy Ridley pushed a cross from the right behind for a corner.

Soon after the break Oadby were two up as Max Freer put in Cameron to score. At the other end Billy kept out a Kegworth strike. Eshan was again showing his value in defence, tackling well and clearing the danger from a corner.

Kian Pancholi's run on the left fed Max who beat the 'keeper with a great shot into the bottom left to make it three-nil. In quick succession it was four for the Hawks as Cameron put away Max's cross for his second.

Kegworth were down but certainly not out. Their number ten suddenly found his scoring boots with two rapid goals that left Billy no chance to pull the score back to four-two. The Oadby defence was now under pressure and Ayrton needed to be sharp to make a tackle at left back for a corner. Another Kegworth break had Billy racing out to close down the danger and make a great save with his body.

The home side made it four-three with a shot from a corner beating an unsighted Billy in a crowded area. There was a nervous minute or two left, with Kian providing some much-needed relief with a run down the right but the Hawks held on to progress to Round Two.

Player of the Day: Cameron Potter

Goals Scorers: Tristan Poultney, Cameron Potter (2), Max Freer

Oadby Owls Hawks 0 Aylestone Park Diamonds 1 - 22nd September 2013 (League)

Aylestone edge top-of-the-table clash

Visitors Aylestone Park narrowly got the better of the Hawks in this early season top-of-the table clash.

The Hawks had the better start with a series of chances: Tristan Poultney's shot was blocked, Max Freer's free kick was headed over by a defender and Ayrton Patel put the ball just wide from a corner. Kian Pancholi then battled well to win the ball on the right, taking it forward to see his shot blocked too.

Milan Tailor made a goal-saving tackle and 'keeper Billy Ridley came out to put off an Aylestone striker as the away side twice broke forward.

Eshan Jariwala and Cameron Potter both took the ball forward, Eshan out of defence and Cameron from right back, down the wing and crossing, but the Hawks could not convert either attack and the sides went in at half-time goalless.

The second half started with Cameron and Kian threatening down the wings but again not quite finding Tristan up front. The Hawks swept forward with another lovely passing move between Aaron Mason, Cameron and Milan. Louis Bell almost broke the deadlock with an attempted back flick from a corner.

Meanwhile Ayrton and Max were busy in defence and although they saw off several attacks, eventually Aylestone scored.

As is often the case, the goal gave an extra zip to scoring side and the Hawks did well to hold on over the next few minutes. Louis blocked a shot on the edge of the area and then helped Milan to scramble away the ball from a corner.

Max cleared from defence and great chasing from Milan relieved the pressure to force a throw by the Aylestone corner flag. Max was in the action again with a good tackle on the right. Milan and Cameron linked up well on the same wing but ultimately could not find the equaliser.

Player of the Day: Ayrton Patel

Goals Scorers:

Oadby Owls Hawks 3 Kingsway Rangers Celtic 0 - 15th September 2013 (County Cup)

Kian Pancholi impresses on debut as Hawks progress in cup

The Hawks played host to Kingsway Ranger Celtic in the Preliminary Round of the mini-soccer-u10 County Cup.

In the opening minutes, Kingsway forced a series of corners with Ayrton Patel and Eshan Jariwala holding firm in defence. A sweeping move between Aaron Mason, Cameron Potter and Max Freer saw Aaron's shot blocked. The Hawks' first goal came after a break from another Kingsway corner. Max passed to Cameron who scored with a firm shot from the right edge of the penalty area.

The Hawks continued to press with Louis Bell putting in a lot of work along the left. The introduction of Tristan Poultney and debutant Kian Pancholi had an immediate impact with Tristan finding Cameron but his shot was also blocked.

Moments later Kian shot just wide after beating a score of defenders. A quick clearance from 'keeper Billy Ridley almost put in Kian again.

The second half opened with a terrific run down the right to the by-line by Tristan who tucked the ball away from an acute angle to make it two-nil.

Kingsway tried to hit back and Milan Tailor needed to be alert to clear from a corner. Ayrton, Louis and Kian all made key defensive tackles.

Kian continued to cause trouble going forward: a lovely run down the right and cross saw a sliding Tristran just fail to make contact. Another pass from Kian to Tristan brought a fine save from the Kingsway goalie from the attempted lob.

The Hawks' third goal started after Max won the ball and found Milan who put in Tristan for his second of the day.

Player of the Day: Kian Pancholi

Goals Scorers: Cameron Potter, Tristan Poultney (2)

Team Notices

Please note the following;

Leicester & District Mutual Football League