Under 11 Barnys

Team Photos

Home Kit

Away Kit




Manager: Duane Fowler

Mobile: 07833 967708

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Assistant Manager: Phil Ballinger

Mobile: 07770 235363

Email: This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Leagues Official Website

The team play in the Leicester & District Mutual League – Non competitive group

League Link


Team Notices

Please note: End Of Season Presentation Evening is May 16th @ Leicester Racecourse




Oadby Owls Under 11 Barnys Vs Castle Donington Devils

15 March 2015 10:30

Half Time Score 5 - 0
Full Time Score 7 - 1



After a well earn draw at Bardon Hill a week earlier it was back home for the Barnys who were today hosting Castle Donington Devils. As the lads prepared for the game the coaches enjoyed some light hearted banter with the away team Manager who had some trouble parking due to other tournaments that were also running at Judgemeadow.

With a brief team talk the lads were encouraged to take their chances and win the first half so the coaches could play the eagerly awaited player rotation model. It was 10:30 and time to kick off.

As had become the usual at home the Barnys kicked up pitch first half and enjoyed a lot of early success through midfield and the attacking lines through Pharell, Marco, Harrison, James and Jacko all linking up well. Then the breakthrough! With Marco whipping the ball in from the left wing the first goal came early on with what appeared at first glance to be a Jacko volley at the near post – however after a chat with the Donnington coach the unfortunate Donnington defender had turned the ball in to his own net. 1-0 to the Barnys.

Within 15 minutes the player rotation model was in full force with Jake, Oscar and Max getting their opportunity to shine. With the changes in play and more player rotation occurring during the first half the lads pushed on and with Pharell “on fire” and his “shooting boots” firmly on he netted a further 4 goals. Great first half performance Pharell! The lads were 5-0 up when the whistle blew for Half time. Great effort all round lads!

The 2nd half started with further chances being created for the Barnys with Oly eventually being played out of goal and supporting Seb and Rohan in the defence. The game was halted whilst the complex swop of keeper shirts occurred to the amusement of the Barny Army and coaches. With Jake providing useful passes and tackling well, consistent and professional performances in defence from both Rohan and Reece, Max making his customary runs in midfield alongside Harrison down the right, it was time for Marco to get the 6th goal which made the match almost won.

However the Devils were by no way beaten and showed determination and fight throughout the 2nd half and finally got their reward with a well taken goal on the break. Well done to Donington for the 2nd half performance!

Then it was time for the final twist to the formation with James holding the defensive line and the Ballinger Bros spearheading the Barny attack it was soon clear that another goal was on its way. With attack after attack with firstly Jacko narrowly missing in the box from great crosses from Harrison and his own close range runs the ball would not go in.

Then with a few minutes left on the clock a ball from the left wing found its way to the feet of Sebo who from outside of the Donington box launched a first time shot, with what appeared to be time standing still the ball lofted aver the diving keeper in the top right hand corner of the net to rapturous celebration from the scorer, his team mates, coaches and the Barny Army applauding on the side lines. What a Goal and a way to finish off a good all round team performance. “Redemption” he screamed (in recognition from a penalty miss a few weeks earlier) the ref blew of the final whistle to a 7-1 victory.

The Barnys were finally TOP OF THE LEAGUE With 3 games to go!

Man of the match was yet again a close call but with his all round performnace in defence and attack Sebo received the honours this week.

Goal Scorers

Pharell Robinson Bailey (4) Marco Susa (1) Sebastian Ballinger (1) OG (1)

Player of the Day

Sebastian Ballinger

Reporter:Phil Ballinger

Oadby Owls Under 11 Barnys Vs Cropston Colts

1 March 2015 14:00

Half Time Score 3 - 3
Full Time Score 5 - 3



Finally the day had arrived for the Barny Army to face Cropston Colts. During the season we had heard a lot about Cropston’s tough tackling approach but the lads were ready and eager to be selected in the starting 9 to face the championship rivals. Marco arrived unwell but made himself available if need be as a substitute. This was the commitment we had been looking for from all our players and were pleased to have him available if needed.

With the icy wind blowing down pitch the Barny’s were eager to win the toss but yet again this went to our opponents who seized on their first half advantage and within a minute of the kick off were 1-0 up. This was a shock to the lads but with some tough tackling in midfield from Harrison and Oscar and determined runs from Pharell, Max and Arjun the Barny’s were soon level with a powerful strike from Pharell to make it 1-1 within 10 minutes.

With the rain and sleet pouring down Cropston went 2-1 up with some good play down the wings. Not to be out done The Barny’s pushed forward are scored immediately with an amazing long range strike from Max in the top corner. Great effort Max! The first half was closing in when the referee awarded a corner to Cropston with the linesman flagging for a goal kick. Much to the dismay of the crowd the corner was floated in to the danger zone and with an outstretched boot it was 3-2 to Cropston. With a few minutes left the Barny’s pushed forward with some good play from Reece who was showing some great composure on the ball, measuring his passes well and showing great strength with his clearances down the wings. His new haircut was working – he really was in a confident mood! On the opposite side of the defence Rohan (11 on Tuesday) was making some great defensive clearances and showing the quality of play we have been a custom to seeing this season to ensure the danger was thwarted from the oncoming winger. Arjun had one thing on his mind – to score and that is exactly what he did! From the Cropston goal kick he applied pressure on the defence and tackling 2 Cropston defenders to win the ball and fire home. Would this be the start of another goal fest in the coming weeks from this inform attacking player? The ref blew for half time – it was 3-3. Phew. What a half, What a match!!

The lads came off in good spirits knowing they had the wind advantage for the 2nd half and it was clear the tackling battle was almost won. With some words of encouragement from the coaches the boys were ready and started the half with the power and swagger the Barny Army on the sidelines had been a custom to see over recent weeks. Lots of opportunities were being made but yet again the lads were missing the killer instinct to put the game to bed. Then a free kick to Oadby. Harrison stepped up and smashed the ball into the wall only for the rebound to fall at his feet and with a lethal right foot he struck the ball with venom which made it move like an arrow into the net. Another great strike from the captain at a critical time – followed by a full team pile on. It was 4-3 to the Barnys. WOW!

From here in the Cropston team were being pinned back in their own half and were looking for the counter which occurred on 2 occasions only for Ollie to make some amazing and brave saves from the oncoming strikers. At 4-3 Ollie had certainly “saved the day” for the rest of his team at this critical time. With another Oadby burst through midfield Harrison attacked the defence and was awarded a penalty. He allowed the vice captain Seb to step up to try and put some distance in the scoreline. It was a tense moment for both teams with the ball just going wide Cropston still had a chance. I'm sure Seb will have another opportunity to score before the end of the season! The coaches decided it was time for a change to try and get the 5th goal which would be decisive. Marco came on and from his first kick hit the crossbar. What an impact! With some strong play in midfield Marco was given a 2nd opportunity which he took at the near post to put make the tie 5-3.

With a few minutes to play Jackson and James came on as fresh legs to stretch the game and both made some good passes in both defence and attack to create more chances. Final Score 5-3 to the Barnys – a well earnt and gutsy performance that put us in a good position with 5 games to go. It’s in our own hands from here!

Goal Scorers

Arjun Singh (1) Pharell Robinson Bailey (1) Max Meridith (1) Marco Susa (1) Harrison Fowler (1)

Player of the Day

Reece Spooner

Reporter:Phil Ballinger

Oadby Owls Under 11 Barnys Vs Thurmaston Magpies Thunder

8 February 2015 14:00

Half Time Score 6 - 0
Full Time Score 10 - 1


Barnys Deliver Record Win

On a bright Sunday afternoon a rejuvenate Barny’s turned up early at Judgemeadow with a full squad, lots of support (from the Barny Army) and in a confident mood following 2 consecutive victories in the league! After a good warm up, cones race and some decent shooting practice, the manager's team talk concentrated on encouraging the starting 9 to make their most of their opportunity and to work together as a team to start the match well. The team then posed for its first full team photo (thanks Lala – club photographer) Then a good sign! Seb finally won the toss and decided to play down pitch which would turn out to be a good decision! The game kicked off with both teams looking to make a positive start on a difficult playing surface. Early possession was shared for the first few minutes, but with a determined Barny’s camped in the oppositions half the breakthrough finally occurred after 10 minutes with a further 5 goals registered by the half time break. Some great passing, link up and attacking team play throughout the first half by Rohan, Reece, Dylan and Arjun enabled opportunities for Marco, Max, Jacko and Pharell to make the most of their chances in front of goal and score with confidence and accuracy - unlike Leicester City the day before.

Half time 6-0

The lads came off the pitch in jubilant mood and after a quick water break and some words of encouragement from each other they were ready to go for a further 30 minutes. As with the first half all players contributed well with some tough tackling and passing from Jake, James, Oscar and the returning Harrison who with some great build up play from his team mates on the edge of the box scored a contender for the goal of the season with a furious right footed strike (resembling that of his hero Stevie G) that looped over the goalkeeper into the top corner. Great Finish and to rapturous applause from supporters of both teams! However, Thurmaston were determined to press for a reward for their own efforts, and with the slope of the pitch in their favour knocked on the door a few times during the 2nd half only for Ollie (to pause from making his mud pies) to defend his goal in determined fashion by making some great saves from close range shots and brave scrambling on the ground. Seb in central defence was holding the line at the back with confidence, clearing the danger with Rohan, Dylan and Reece spreading the play across the pitch and down the wings. Seb even obtained a 3rd boot which he returned to its rightful owner with a smile.

When Thurmaston made their breakthrough midway through the 2nd half the luck goalscorer was treated to a “pile on” from his team mates. With the Barny’s continuing to press for more opportunities in the 2nd half Jacko came close only for the Thurmaston keeper to make an outstretched save to his near post to deny him. Arjun continued to press from the wings and was unlucky not to score on a few occasions in the final third. His goals will come that is for sure! However, the Barny’s were not done and with strong runs through the middle and on the wings by Rohan, Arjun, Max, Jake, Oscar, Reece and Jacko further efforts on goal continued and with the composure witnessed in recent training sessions goals from James, Marco and Pharell completed the tally for the day. The ref blew for full time to choruses of hip hip hooray from both teams in what turned out to be a game played in good spirit. The Thurmaston players were praised for their efforts in the 2nd half in difficult conditions.

A good performance from the Barny’s with all of the team contributing well to the result. Pharell was awarded man of the match for his 4 goals, passing, confident runs at the defence and cool finishing (in the corners) Marco and Max also receive praise for their overall contributions throughout the match. Great effort from all the lads though!

Final score 10-1 We move on to the next challenge on Sunday February 15th.

Goal Scorers

Pharell Robinson Bailey (4) Marco Susa (2) Jackson Ballinger (1) Max Meridith (1) James Chamberlain (1) Harrison Fowler (1)

Player of the Day

Pharell Robinson Bailey

Reporter:Phil Ballinger 

Oadby Owls Under 11 Barnys Vs Green Towers FC Hinckley Colts

15 February 2015 14:00

Half Time Score 0 - 1
Full Time Score 2 - 1


Team Spirit Wins Own Goals Battle!

On a mild Sunday afternoon (hooray) the Barny’s fresh from a record victory a week earlier were looking sharp in the pre- match warm up, and with the absence of Dylan and James due to illness the Barny’s still had plenty of players to select from for the starting 9. The opponents today were Green Towers FC Hinckley Colts who has recorded their first victory in the league a week earlier with some new additions to their squad and looked in confident mood. The pre-match team talk concentrated on working together as a team and not taking our opposition for granted as our league had been full of surprises during the season. Harrison had returned as captain and the Barny’s started the first half up hill as planned.

A sluggish start gave the opponents the upper hand from the start with some strong attacking play through the middle from the re-surgent Green Towers. With long balls from their keeper the Barny’s found their defence under attack and then scored a bizarre goal that looked like it deflected off a Barny player and crept over the line for Green Towers to go 1 up. Although in shock the Barny’s picked themselves up and created quite a few efforts on the Hinckley goal but with no joy. Attacks from the wide positions from Pharell and Marco were plentiful but unlike the week before hitting the target with composure or finding the final ball pass was missing from our armoury so far! Jacko came closest from near range only for the keeper to dive to the floor to smoother the shot. At the other end it could have easily been 2-0 to Hinckley if it wasn’t for some sensible defending from Seb, Rohan and Reece when it mattered and some good saves from Oly in the box.Oly also made an excellent stop when he was one on one with the Green Towers forward by rushing out of his goal to make himself big – Schmeichal like. That goalkeeper training was certainly paying off!

Half Time 0-1

The half time team talk was an honest review of what was working well and what we needed to happen to turn the game around. Let’s keep it simple and pass the ball like we do best! With the teams turned around the 2nd half kicked off. From the off it was apparent that this Barny’s team would not settle for anything less than a better team performance this half and camped in the opponents half for what felt like the majority of the period. Harrison and Oscar were running the midfield battles and showed great determination to move the team forward with great supporting play from Max and Marco who created lots of chances for themselves and the advancing Arjun and Pharell. With Max dropping into defence midway through the half due to the lively Green Towers attackers it was up to Rohan, Marco, Pharell, Harrison, Oscar and Arjun to take the game to the opponents – which they certainly did! With countless attacks down the right wing and crosses from Harrison and Marco (some great corners too) the breakthrough finally came and with what looked like 2 own goals the Barny’s were ahead much to the delight of the vocal Barny Army on the sidelines!

Arjun who played fantastic all second half was taking on the Green Towers midfield and defence on his own, skipping round 3-4 players at a time, and was again unfortunate not to score himself. He certainly kept the Green Towers keeper busy at his near post in what turned out to be one way traffic 2nd half. Marco nearly scored with what looked like a great chance when he hit the ball first time on the volley from a cross only for the keeper to make a great save yet again! Harrison and Pharell have been signed up for extra shooting practice on Tuesday night after close range misses in the 2nd half. The coaches have put these down to the poor condition of the pitch but both lads took this in good heart and enjoyed the banter. It was clear that the fitness training was paying off as all the lads looked strong right to the end of the match.

A good result and the lads move up to 2nd in the league. Lots of candidates for man of the match but with Oscar and Harrison being strong in midfield they were awarded the miniature heroes on the day

F-T 2-1 

Goal Scorers

OG (2) 

Player of the Day

Oscar Bown & Harrison Fowler share MOM

Reporter:Phil Ballinger

Oadby Owls Under 11 Barnys Vs Desford Blues

22 February 2015 10:30

Half Time Score 0 - 0
Full Time Score 2 - 1



On what was clearly the coldest playing day this season the Barny’s warmed up ready to avenge our opening day defeat to Desford Blues. This fixture was a rearranged game and gave us a chance to keep our momentum going on our continued winning streak. The team talk consisted of keeping team spirit going as well as everybody working hard against a decent side in Desford. The Boys were warned to keep tabs on “ No 14”!! who scored a hat-trick against us in the 3-2 defeat on the opening day as well as The No 7.

The first half was end to end stuff with The Barny’s creating & missing several chances and the Blues keeper in outstanding form. One particular save will stand out for me as the SAVE OF THE SEASON, with Marco unleashing a ferocious shot that was destined for the top right hand corner only for The Blues keeper to get his fingertips to it and tip it over the bar. The first half ended 0-0 but could easily have been 5-3 based on chances created. After a quick turnaround due to everybody shivering on the touchline the 2nd half was underway with another warning to the lads about their No 14.The first 10 minutes of the 2nd half was pretty tight with end to end play but just when we looked as though we were getting the upper hand Desford took the lead. After losing possession, Desford attacked our rear guard and found the back of the net with a well taken goal.

Time to roll our sleeves up, and for the 2nd week running we were going to have to come from a goal down to win the match. This indeed could be the turning point of our season as after relentless pressure on The Blues goal Pharell fired home his 20th goal of the season. At this stage a point would have been a fair reflection on the game but we knew a win was vital to keep our season alive. After a wave of attacks Oscar put in a fine cross and Harrison drilled the ball home however the Blues keeper made a decent effort to prevent it going in. The Barny Lads all piled on “Hazza” in Jubilation in what turned out to be the winning goal. We finished the game strongly and could have had more goals but for the brilliance of the opposing keeper. For a short while we went to the top of the league for the first time this season but still sit nicely in second place ready for SIX cup finals that lie await.

Marco was given Man of the Match but special mentions go to Reece, Oscar, Arjun, Rohan and Harrison who all had an outstanding game

Goal Scorers

Pharrel Robinson Baile1) Harrison Fowler (1)

Player of the Day

Marco Susa

Reporter: Duane Fowler

Bardon Hill Falcons Vs Oadby Owls Under 11 Barnys

30 November 2014 10:30

Half Time Score 1 - 0
Full Time Score 1 - 1



After a run of 5 consecutive home games in was time for an away fixture for the in-form Barnys. With 5 wins on the bounce the lads turned up at Bardon Hill early for the pre-match warm up routines. The lads who were in good spirits after last weeks victory against Cropston were treated to a pitch that was in good condition. However, it was probably the biggest we had played on for quite some time! With 13 of the 14 Barny players in attendance the pre-match briefing consisted of how we could use the pitch to our advantage. It was time for the coin toss which we won (2 weeks in a row) and Harrison decided to play against the wind and breeze. With a fairly unchanged starting squad from the previous week we were ready to go! 

It was clear from the start that the Bardon defence was strong and Oadby found it difficult to break through in the early stages of the first half. The lads worked hard during the first half and made some good chances with advancing runs through midfield and on the wings from Pharell, Arjun, Max and Marco but for no reward. Then Bardon were awarded a free kick to the puzzlement of the Barny Army, players and coaches. From what appeared to be 30 yards out the Bardon no 5 took a long run up, struck the ball true and with the wind behind, the ball flew into the top of the goal. Not even Kasper Schmeichal could have saved that Oly – but a good effort at trying! To the shock of the title chasing Barny’s we were 1-0 down (again!!)  The Bardon supporters celebrated a great goal knowing they were still in the title race also.

The remainder of the first half witnessed the Barnys pushing for the equalizer, and with some assured defensive play from Rohan, Seb and the inform Reece any danger was soon taken care off. Over recent games these 3 have created a strong connection making it difficult for the opponents to break through.

Half Time 1-0 to Bardon Hill.

The lads came off unlucky to be behind but with a drink and some words of encouragement knew they would have the weather behind them for the 2nd half and the breakthrough would not be far away. The 2nd half kicked off with wave after wave of chances for the Barny’s midfield and forwards. The Bardon defence was determined to stop the Barny onslaught and with a break away they moved to the Barnys final 3rd and got a free kick just outside of the box. Was this déjà vu? This time the powerful strike went just over the bar – the Barnys breathed again. Phew!!

The lads started to work the wings where we had seen success in previous games with Marco on the left and Harrison on the right. We just couldn’t take our chances and then finally Max (on a scoring streak recently) took his chance and drilled a low powerful shot in to the corner. At last we had scored. Well done Max! The lads were now in confident mood and pushed and pushed for the winner. Rohan came closest with a shot destined for the bottom left corner which the keeper tipped away – great save! With the Barnys camped in the Bardon half Oly didn’t have to make a single save in the 2nd half but atlas the winner did not arrive and the game ended in a draw. We are still in the race lads – let’s keep positive! Final score 1-1

Goal Scorers

Max Meridith (1)

Player of the Day

Reece Spooner

Reporter:Phil Ballinger

Leicestershire Foxes Sunday League






 07/09/14  10:30  Desford Blues  Away  L 2-3
 28/09/14  12:30  FC Burbage (Junios) Tigers  Away  W 1-2
 12/10/14  12:30  North Kilworth Youth Vipers  Away  W 0-1
 19/10/14  10:30  Harborough Town 2012  Away  W 0-6
 26/10/14  12:30  Castle Donnington Devils  Home  P-P
 02/11/14  14:00  Green Towers FC Hinckley Colts  Away  W 0-2
 09/11/14  12:30  Thurmaston Magpies Thunder  Away  W 0-7
 16/11/14  12:30  Harborough Town  Home  W 5-1
 23/11/14  12:30  Castle Donington devils  Away  P-P
 30/11/14  10:30  Borough Alliance Falcoms  Away  W 2-3
 07/12/14  14:00  Borough Allinace Falcons  Home  L 1-2
 14/12/14  14:00  Desford Blues  Home  P-P
 21/12/14  10:30  Fleckney Athletic  Away  D 3-3
 04/01/15  14:00  Bardon Hill Juniors Falcons  Home  P-P
 11/01/15  14:00  FC Burbage (Juniors) Tigers  Home  L 1-5
 18/01/15  14:00  Fleckney Athletic  Home  W 3-1
 25/01/15  10:30  North Kilworth Youth Vipers  Home  W 3-2
 01/02/15  12:30  Cropston Colts  Away  P-P
 08/02/15  14:00  Thurmaston Magpies Thunder  Home  W 10-1
 15/02/15  14:00  GreenTowers FC Hinckley Colts  Home  W 2-1
 22/02/15  10:30  Desford Blues  Home  W 2-1
 01/03/15  14:00  Cropston Colts  Home  W 5-3
 08/03/15  10:30  Bardon Hill Juniors Falcons  Away  D 1-1
 15/03/15  10:30  Castle Donnington Devils  Home  W 7-1
 21/03/15  10:30  Houghton Rangers  Away  W 3-5


 Castle Donington Devils  Away  W 0-5
 11/04/15  11:00  Fleckney Athletic  Away ( Saturday)  CANCELLED
 19/04/15  10:30  Thurnby Willow  AWAY  D 2-2
 22/04/15  18:45  Bardon Hill Junior Falcons  Home  W 1-0
 26/04/15  12:30  Cropston Colts  Away  W 2-5